Zamalek earned a comfortable 3-0 win over Dakhelya in Mohamed Helmy’s first...
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veroia hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
Mansour: Paquetá was jointly chosen, will arrive within 48 hours
Zamalek president Mortada Mansour said that he has spoken with Brazilian coach Marcos Paquetá who is set to be Jesualdo Ferreira’s successor as the Whites manager.
The whites got in touch with several foreign managers to offer them the senior team’s coaching job, with a list of veteran coaches including former Tottenham manager Martin Jol being probed, before settling on Paquetá being the adequate man for the job.
“I had a meeting in the presence of board member Amr El-Ganayni with the formed comitee including Ismail Youssef, Hazem Emam, Ayman Youness, Ahmed Mortada Mansour and Khaled El-Ghandour,” Mansour said on a televised show on Saturday.
“Each one of them had a choice before they all agreed on Paquetá and I just approved their choice. I spoke with him on phone and welcomed him, he is expected to arrive within 48 hours for his official presentation as Zamalek coach,”
“I was surprised when I realized that he speaks Arabic well, my conversation with him was in Arabic,” he concluded.