Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Mansour: Paquetá was jointly chosen, will arrive within 48 hours
The whites got in touch with several foreign managers to offer them the senior team’s coaching job, with a list of veteran coaches including former Tottenham manager Martin Jol being probed, before settling on Paquetá being the adequate man for the job.
“I had a meeting in the presence of board member Amr El-Ganayni with the formed comitee including Ismail Youssef, Hazem Emam, Ayman Youness, Ahmed Mortada Mansour and Khaled El-Ghandour,” Mansour said on a televised show on Saturday.
“Each one of them had a choice before they all agreed on Paquetá and I just approved their choice. I spoke with him on phone and welcomed him, he is expected to arrive within 48 hours for his official presentation as Zamalek coach,”
“I was surprised when I realized that he speaks Arabic well, my conversation with him was in Arabic,” he concluded.