Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Mansour: Paquetá was jointly chosen, will arrive within 48 hours
The whites got in touch with several foreign managers to offer them the senior team’s coaching job, with a list of veteran coaches including former Tottenham manager Martin Jol being probed, before settling on Paquetá being the adequate man for the job.
“I had a meeting in the presence of board member Amr El-Ganayni with the formed comitee including Ismail Youssef, Hazem Emam, Ayman Youness, Ahmed Mortada Mansour and Khaled El-Ghandour,” Mansour said on a televised show on Saturday.
“Each one of them had a choice before they all agreed on Paquetá and I just approved their choice. I spoke with him on phone and welcomed him, he is expected to arrive within 48 hours for his official presentation as Zamalek coach,”
“I was surprised when I realized that he speaks Arabic well, my conversation with him was in Arabic,” he concluded.