Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
Mansour: Paquetá was jointly chosen, will arrive within 48 hours
Zamalek president Mortada Mansour said that he has spoken with Brazilian coach Marcos Paquetá who is set to be Jesualdo Ferreira’s successor as the Whites manager.
The whites got in touch with several foreign managers to offer them the senior team’s coaching job, with a list of veteran coaches including former Tottenham manager Martin Jol being probed, before settling on Paquetá being the adequate man for the job.
“I had a meeting in the presence of board member Amr El-Ganayni with the formed comitee including Ismail Youssef, Hazem Emam, Ayman Youness, Ahmed Mortada Mansour and Khaled El-Ghandour,” Mansour said on a televised show on Saturday.
“Each one of them had a choice before they all agreed on Paquetá and I just approved their choice. I spoke with him on phone and welcomed him, he is expected to arrive within 48 hours for his official presentation as Zamalek coach,”
“I was surprised when I realized that he speaks Arabic well, my conversation with him was in Arabic,” he concluded.