Egypt’s Minister of Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on Sunday the...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Mansour: Paquetá was jointly chosen, will arrive within 48 hours
Zamalek president Mortada Mansour said that he has spoken with Brazilian coach Marcos Paquetá who is set to be Jesualdo Ferreira’s successor as the Whites manager.
The whites got in touch with several foreign managers to offer them the senior team’s coaching job, with a list of veteran coaches including former Tottenham manager Martin Jol being probed, before settling on Paquetá being the adequate man for the job.
“I had a meeting in the presence of board member Amr El-Ganayni with the formed comitee including Ismail Youssef, Hazem Emam, Ayman Youness, Ahmed Mortada Mansour and Khaled El-Ghandour,” Mansour said on a televised show on Saturday.
“Each one of them had a choice before they all agreed on Paquetá and I just approved their choice. I spoke with him on phone and welcomed him, he is expected to arrive within 48 hours for his official presentation as Zamalek coach,”
“I was surprised when I realized that he speaks Arabic well, my conversation with him was in Arabic,” he concluded.