Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Badry on Egypt loss: This is football
Hossam Al Badry, head coach of Egypt’s U-23 national team, said that the coaching staff and the players have made the utmost effort in order to qualify for the Olympics, and were eliminated despite a good performance.
Egypt were eliminated from U-23 African Cup of Nations after losing 0-1 against Mali and have thus failed to qualify for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Hossam El-Badry stated on TV channel Sada El-Balad, “we wasted our chance to qualify to the Olympics, but this is football. We made some mistakes that led to our failure, but overall, everybody worked hard.”
He added, “The players were in full concentration, but the pressure they suffered from affected their performance in a negative way, and now the team’s job has ended, and I will file a report to the Egyptian Federation.”
He continued, “There was complete support from the Football Federation and I will not change what I said at the beginning of the tournament, everybody worked hard to achieve the goals.”
And when asked who has the responsibility of the failure, Badry replied, “Everyone; everyone is responsible and I am with them.”