The round one fixtures for the Men’s World Squash Championship 2016 have been released. ...
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
Badry on Egypt loss: This is football
Hossam Al Badry, head coach of Egypt’s U-23 national team, said that the coaching staff and the players have made the utmost effort in order to qualify for the Olympics, and were eliminated despite a good performance.
Egypt were eliminated from U-23 African Cup of Nations after losing 0-1 against Mali and have thus failed to qualify for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Hossam El-Badry stated on TV channel Sada El-Balad, “we wasted our chance to qualify to the Olympics, but this is football. We made some mistakes that led to our failure, but overall, everybody worked hard.”
He added, “The players were in full concentration, but the pressure they suffered from affected their performance in a negative way, and now the team’s job has ended, and I will file a report to the Egyptian Federation.”
He continued, “There was complete support from the Football Federation and I will not change what I said at the beginning of the tournament, everybody worked hard to achieve the goals.”
And when asked who has the responsibility of the failure, Badry replied, “Everyone; everyone is responsible and I am with them.”