Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Badry on Egypt loss: This is football
Hossam Al Badry, head coach of Egypt’s U-23 national team, said that the coaching staff and the players have made the utmost effort in order to qualify for the Olympics, and were eliminated despite a good performance.
Egypt were eliminated from U-23 African Cup of Nations after losing 0-1 against Mali and have thus failed to qualify for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Hossam El-Badry stated on TV channel Sada El-Balad, “we wasted our chance to qualify to the Olympics, but this is football. We made some mistakes that led to our failure, but overall, everybody worked hard.”
He added, “The players were in full concentration, but the pressure they suffered from affected their performance in a negative way, and now the team’s job has ended, and I will file a report to the Egyptian Federation.”
He continued, “There was complete support from the Football Federation and I will not change what I said at the beginning of the tournament, everybody worked hard to achieve the goals.”
And when asked who has the responsibility of the failure, Badry replied, “Everyone; everyone is responsible and I am with them.”