The Confederation of African Football’s secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigned from...
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
Badry on Egypt loss: This is football
Hossam Al Badry, head coach of Egypt’s U-23 national team, said that the coaching staff and the players have made the utmost effort in order to qualify for the Olympics, and were eliminated despite a good performance.
Egypt were eliminated from U-23 African Cup of Nations after losing 0-1 against Mali and have thus failed to qualify for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Hossam El-Badry stated on TV channel Sada El-Balad, “we wasted our chance to qualify to the Olympics, but this is football. We made some mistakes that led to our failure, but overall, everybody worked hard.”
He added, “The players were in full concentration, but the pressure they suffered from affected their performance in a negative way, and now the team’s job has ended, and I will file a report to the Egyptian Federation.”
He continued, “There was complete support from the Football Federation and I will not change what I said at the beginning of the tournament, everybody worked hard to achieve the goals.”
And when asked who has the responsibility of the failure, Badry replied, “Everyone; everyone is responsible and I am with them.”