In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Badry on Egypt loss: This is football
Hossam Al Badry, head coach of Egypt’s U-23 national team, said that the coaching staff and the players have made the utmost effort in order to qualify for the Olympics, and were eliminated despite a good performance.
Egypt were eliminated from U-23 African Cup of Nations after losing 0-1 against Mali and have thus failed to qualify for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Hossam El-Badry stated on TV channel Sada El-Balad, “we wasted our chance to qualify to the Olympics, but this is football. We made some mistakes that led to our failure, but overall, everybody worked hard.”
He added, “The players were in full concentration, but the pressure they suffered from affected their performance in a negative way, and now the team’s job has ended, and I will file a report to the Egyptian Federation.”
He continued, “There was complete support from the Football Federation and I will not change what I said at the beginning of the tournament, everybody worked hard to achieve the goals.”
And when asked who has the responsibility of the failure, Badry replied, “Everyone; everyone is responsible and I am with them.”