Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi spoke about Egypt, his visit in...
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
Rabie Yassin blasts EFA for Olympic Team Performance
Rabie Yassin, the Olympic National Team Technical Director, blasted the EFA after the Olympic Team’s early elimination from the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations.
After losing to Mali yesterday, Egypt was eliminated as the last team in group B after failing to pick a victory at this year’s U-23 Africa Cup of Nations. Mali was also eliminated alongside them, with Nigeria and Algeria advancing to the last four.
The early exit from the tournament officially means this team will not be in the 2016 Olympics.
Rabie Yassin was the manager of the U-20 team during their African Cup of Nations title in Algeria in 2013, but he says he was let go by the EFA to appease their friends. Yassin blamed the football association and the coaching staff for three straight uninspired performances during the tournament. Yassin said, “The players do not take responsibility for the early exit, as the EFA and the coaching staff are the main reasons behind it.”
After the game, manager Hossam El-Badry accepted blame for the performance, while also suggesting his players were at fault: “Everyone; everyone is responsible and I am with them.” Badry was relieved of his duties following the conclusion of the Mali game.