The Egyptian Minister of Youth & Sports has announced that a record-high...
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
Rabie Yassin to take over as youth director at Entag El Harby
Rabie Yassin is due to take over as the new youth director at Entag El Harby, according to his son, Omar Rabie Yassin.
The former Al Ahly legend last coached the Egyptian U-20 National Team to a victory in the 2013 U-23 African Cup of Nations and a third place finish in their group during the U-20 World Cup, narrowly missing out on second place.
Just over a month ago, Yassin expressed his displeasure concerning his treatment in the Egyptian footballing culture.
Yassin said, “I captained Al Ahly and the national team in more that 300 games and I created footballing history, but unfortunately, this history is being erased and stepped on.”
He continued, “Is it my fault that I am not good at establishing connections?…A manager who led the U-20 national team to victory in Africa can’t find a job, but a player who just retired is in charge of a team.”
“Is this what I deserve? Only the Commander of the Faithful can restore my status and prerogative,” Yassin remarked.