Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
CAF draw to be held on Friday in Senegal
The Confédération Africaine de Football (CAF) has announced that the African Champions League and Confederation Cup draws will be held on Friday in Senegal.
Al Ahly were eliminated from the 2014/2015 CAF Champions League by Moghreb Athletic de Tétouan in the round of 16 to join the Confederation Cup, where they were knocked out after losing to South African side Orlando Pirates in the semi-finals.
Zamalek had finished 3rd after Smouha in the 2013/2014 Egyptian Premier League thus played in the Confederation Cup and were eliminated by Tunisia’s Étoile Sportive du Sahel, who went on to win the cup.
It is also worth mentioning that this will be Misr El-Maqassa’s first-ever African championship participation, which comes four years after reaching the top tier Egyptian League.