Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Mido to KingFut: I’m shocked we didn’t qualify to Rio
Egypt’s Olympic national team ended a horrenderous run in the AFCON U23 competition, where a top three finish would’ve sent the Pharaohs to the Olympics.
Instead, Egypt ended their run bottom of their group after two stale draws against Tunisia & Nigeria, followed by a loss against Mali.
On Egypt’s performances, Mido told KingFut: “I’m shocked that we didn’t qualify. Most of the teams were not even playing with their players that play in Europe.
“The way we played was painful to watch,” Mido exclaimed.
Hossam El-Badry was largely blamed in the media for the team’s performances, as well as some players who were expected to take the tournament by storm like Kahraba, Mostafa Fathi and Ramadan Sobhy.
“I think they have done their best but each on his own. They never worked as a team.”
Others claimed that some players who are regulars at the senior national team should’ve been key figures to guiding the squad to Rio but again Mido confirmed it was not an individual problem.
“We didn’t play as a team. Many players who are not playing regularly at their clubs have been used as regulars with the national team,” Mido concluded.