Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Salah could be in squad against BATE Borisov – Report
After drawing against Torino, AS Roma will be looking to Wednesday’s Champions League fixture against BATE Borisov, and Mohamed Salah could yet make the matchday squad.
According to La Gazzetta Dello Sport, Mohamed Salah might be called up to the squad that will take on BATE Borisov on Wednesday night.
Salah was injured against Lazio as Roma defeated their city rivals 2-0 last month, and was initially ruled out for 4-6 weeks.
Despite being in line for a call-up, it is very improbable that the Egyptian international will feature at any point in the match.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) December 6, 2015
This means coach Rudi Garcia will once again be without Salah and fellow winger Gervinho, who aggravated his injury against Torino.
Roma face a tough home fixture in Europe’s premier continental competition against BATE, and will need to win to seal qualification to the Round of 16. A draw would suffice should Bayer Leverkusen fail to defeat Barcelona, but the Giallorossi will not be willing to take such a risk.
Barcelona have already qualified as group winners with 13 points, while Roma and Bayern Leverkusen each have five points to their name, with Roma ahead after beating the Germans at home and drawing away. Finally, BATE prop up the table with four points.