Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Abdel-Hafiz: No offers for Ramadan, Awad’s fate to be decided this month
Following Mossad Awad’s disappointing display at the U-23 African Cup of Nations, Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz revealed that coach José Peseiro will decide on the young goalkeeper’s fate by the end of the month.
“It’s either he will stay with the club or he will leave on loan, and any other player’s fate will be decided by the end of the month,” he continued.
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz also commented on Al Ahly’s camp at the UAE: “José Peseiro is satisfied with the outcome of this camp, and specifically against the Tunisian champion CS Sfaxien.”
While on the other hand, Abdel-Hafiz denied the rumors and speculation surrounding young playmaker Ramadan Sobhy, who also did not live up to expectations at the tournament in Senegal: “The club didn’t receive any offers for Ramadan Sobhy.”
“The players who joined the Egyptian U-23 national team will resume training with the team on Thursday,” he followed.
Mossad Awad and Ramadan Sobhy both participated with the national team in the 2015 CAF U-23 Championship and failed to qualify to the next stage, with only two points from three games – ending the dream of reaching the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.