Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal has stressed that Egypt manager Hector Cuper...
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
Abdel-Hafiz: No offers for Ramadan, Awad’s fate to be decided this month
Following Mossad Awad’s disappointing display at the U-23 African Cup of Nations, Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz revealed that coach José Peseiro will decide on the young goalkeeper’s fate by the end of the month.
“It’s either he will stay with the club or he will leave on loan, and any other player’s fate will be decided by the end of the month,” he continued.
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz also commented on Al Ahly’s camp at the UAE: “José Peseiro is satisfied with the outcome of this camp, and specifically against the Tunisian champion CS Sfaxien.”
While on the other hand, Abdel-Hafiz denied the rumors and speculation surrounding young playmaker Ramadan Sobhy, who also did not live up to expectations at the tournament in Senegal: “The club didn’t receive any offers for Ramadan Sobhy.”
“The players who joined the Egyptian U-23 national team will resume training with the team on Thursday,” he followed.
Mossad Awad and Ramadan Sobhy both participated with the national team in the 2015 CAF U-23 Championship and failed to qualify to the next stage, with only two points from three games – ending the dream of reaching the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.