Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Abdel-Hafiz: No offers for Ramadan, Awad’s fate to be decided this month
Following Mossad Awad’s disappointing display at the U-23 African Cup of Nations, Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz revealed that coach José Peseiro will decide on the young goalkeeper’s fate by the end of the month.
“It’s either he will stay with the club or he will leave on loan, and any other player’s fate will be decided by the end of the month,” he continued.
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz also commented on Al Ahly’s camp at the UAE: “José Peseiro is satisfied with the outcome of this camp, and specifically against the Tunisian champion CS Sfaxien.”
While on the other hand, Abdel-Hafiz denied the rumors and speculation surrounding young playmaker Ramadan Sobhy, who also did not live up to expectations at the tournament in Senegal: “The club didn’t receive any offers for Ramadan Sobhy.”
“The players who joined the Egyptian U-23 national team will resume training with the team on Thursday,” he followed.
Mossad Awad and Ramadan Sobhy both participated with the national team in the 2015 CAF U-23 Championship and failed to qualify to the next stage, with only two points from three games – ending the dream of reaching the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.