Egypt international Amr Warda featured in Panetolikos’ 1-0 loss to Atromitos in the group stage...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Abdel-Hafiz: No offers for Ramadan, Awad’s fate to be decided this month
Following Mossad Awad’s disappointing display at the U-23 African Cup of Nations, Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz revealed that coach José Peseiro will decide on the young goalkeeper’s fate by the end of the month.
“It’s either he will stay with the club or he will leave on loan, and any other player’s fate will be decided by the end of the month,” he continued.
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz also commented on Al Ahly’s camp at the UAE: “José Peseiro is satisfied with the outcome of this camp, and specifically against the Tunisian champion CS Sfaxien.”
While on the other hand, Abdel-Hafiz denied the rumors and speculation surrounding young playmaker Ramadan Sobhy, who also did not live up to expectations at the tournament in Senegal: “The club didn’t receive any offers for Ramadan Sobhy.”
“The players who joined the Egyptian U-23 national team will resume training with the team on Thursday,” he followed.
Mossad Awad and Ramadan Sobhy both participated with the national team in the 2015 CAF U-23 Championship and failed to qualify to the next stage, with only two points from three games – ending the dream of reaching the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.