Al Ahly received $3.8 million of the transfer fees of former Red...
- Marwan ElShorbagy defeats brother to reach Windy City Open semi-finals
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
Amr Gamal: I won’t leave Al Ahly
Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal denied rumors about him leaving the Red Castle, confirming that he won’t leave Al Ahly except to join a European club.
Despite rumors about moving away from Al Ahly in the next transfer window, Gamal denied receiving any offers from abroad and asserted that he is “obsessed” with the Red Castle.
“I will never leave the club, unless I receive a foreign offer which is suitable for me and for Al Ahly or if the club does not need my services anymore,” the 24-year-old player has said in statements to the official website of Al Ahly.
Al Ahly have several players in the striker position this season, especially after acquiring the services of Malick Evouna and John Antwi. The Egyptian international striker, however, said that the tough competition between Al Ahly players is beneficial for the team.
“Things are always different at Al Ahly, the competition between the players is good for the team unlike what happens at other clubs. I am devoted to the club and I comprehend that I have to be ready all the time,” Gamal said.
Gamal went on to praise Al Ahly veteran players Emad Meteb and Hossam Ghaly saying that both of them play important roles at the club. He added that Ghaly and Meteb share their experience with the younger players and have leadership roles besides their technical duties.
The Egyptian striker refused to comment on the exclusion of Ramadan Sobhy from the Egyptian national team saying that he has “no right to do so”. Sobhy was recently excluded from the national team’s squad following his showboating during the Egyptian Super Cup final against Zamalek.
Amr Gamal met Lionel Messi yesterday in Barcelona. pic.twitter.com/c8ypnxZX9L
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) November 30, 2014
Gamal who had previously met Lionel Messi during his visit to Barcelona club, said that he learned a lot from the Argentine star. When Messi knew that Gamal was an injured football player, he went to the stands, where Gamal was watching the training session, and greeted him.
“What Messi did when I was in Barcelona taught me the superstar’s role in making others happy,” Gamal said.