Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns’...
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns’ midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
Amr Gamal: I won’t leave Al Ahly
Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal denied rumors about him leaving the Red Castle, confirming that he won’t leave Al Ahly except to join a European club.
Despite rumors about moving away from Al Ahly in the next transfer window, Gamal denied receiving any offers from abroad and asserted that he is “obsessed” with the Red Castle.
“I will never leave the club, unless I receive a foreign offer which is suitable for me and for Al Ahly or if the club does not need my services anymore,” the 24-year-old player has said in statements to the official website of Al Ahly.
Al Ahly have several players in the striker position this season, especially after acquiring the services of Malick Evouna and John Antwi. The Egyptian international striker, however, said that the tough competition between Al Ahly players is beneficial for the team.
“Things are always different at Al Ahly, the competition between the players is good for the team unlike what happens at other clubs. I am devoted to the club and I comprehend that I have to be ready all the time,” Gamal said.
Gamal went on to praise Al Ahly veteran players Emad Meteb and Hossam Ghaly saying that both of them play important roles at the club. He added that Ghaly and Meteb share their experience with the younger players and have leadership roles besides their technical duties.
The Egyptian striker refused to comment on the exclusion of Ramadan Sobhy from the Egyptian national team saying that he has “no right to do so”. Sobhy was recently excluded from the national team’s squad following his showboating during the Egyptian Super Cup final against Zamalek.
Amr Gamal met Lionel Messi yesterday in Barcelona. pic.twitter.com/c8ypnxZX9L
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) November 30, 2014
Gamal who had previously met Lionel Messi during his visit to Barcelona club, said that he learned a lot from the Argentine star. When Messi knew that Gamal was an injured football player, he went to the stands, where Gamal was watching the training session, and greeted him.
“What Messi did when I was in Barcelona taught me the superstar’s role in making others happy,” Gamal said.