Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Garcia: Mohamed Salah ready for BATE
Salah was injured in Roma’s derby against Lazio when the Giallorossi won 2-0 and was expected to be ruled out for 4-6 weeks. Exactly one month later, the Egyptian has been named in Roma’s 19-man squad for their crucial Champions League decider.
Rudi Garcia spoke to the media in a press conference ahead of his team’s game at home against BATE Borisov in the final matchday of the UEFA Champions League group stage.
“Mohamed is fine. He doesn’t have 90 minutes in him, but he’s ready,” Rudi Garcia said at his pre-match press conference.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) December 8, 2015
“The BATE match is like a derby – it’s a match we have to win,” began Garcia. “We need to have the right attitude and that means fighting from the first minute and showing that we are desperate to get through to the next round. It’s been one of our goals since the start of the season.”
“I’m just thinking about winning and tomorrow we will win – there’s nothing else we can say or do.
“We cannot – and we do not want to – rely on a draw between Bayer Leverkusen and Barcelona, that’s not the right attitude. The proper way to approach the match is to fight and to prove on the pitch that we have a real burning desire to get through.
“These kinds of important qualification matches don’t happen often at this club and we want more of them in the future. We want to be in Nyon for the draw,” Rudi concluded.
Roma and Leverkusen both have five points in Group E with Salah’s side ahead thanks to beating Leverkusen at home and drawing in Germany, while BATE are bottom of the group with four points.