Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Garcia: Mohamed Salah ready for BATE
Salah was injured in Roma’s derby against Lazio when the Giallorossi won 2-0 and was expected to be ruled out for 4-6 weeks. Exactly one month later, the Egyptian has been named in Roma’s 19-man squad for their crucial Champions League decider.
Rudi Garcia spoke to the media in a press conference ahead of his team’s game at home against BATE Borisov in the final matchday of the UEFA Champions League group stage.
“Mohamed is fine. He doesn’t have 90 minutes in him, but he’s ready,” Rudi Garcia said at his pre-match press conference.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) December 8, 2015
“The BATE match is like a derby – it’s a match we have to win,” began Garcia. “We need to have the right attitude and that means fighting from the first minute and showing that we are desperate to get through to the next round. It’s been one of our goals since the start of the season.”
“I’m just thinking about winning and tomorrow we will win – there’s nothing else we can say or do.
“We cannot – and we do not want to – rely on a draw between Bayer Leverkusen and Barcelona, that’s not the right attitude. The proper way to approach the match is to fight and to prove on the pitch that we have a real burning desire to get through.
“These kinds of important qualification matches don’t happen often at this club and we want more of them in the future. We want to be in Nyon for the draw,” Rudi concluded.
Roma and Leverkusen both have five points in Group E with Salah’s side ahead thanks to beating Leverkusen at home and drawing in Germany, while BATE are bottom of the group with four points.