Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Garcia: Mohamed Salah ready for BATE
Salah was injured in Roma’s derby against Lazio when the Giallorossi won 2-0 and was expected to be ruled out for 4-6 weeks. Exactly one month later, the Egyptian has been named in Roma’s 19-man squad for their crucial Champions League decider.
Rudi Garcia spoke to the media in a press conference ahead of his team’s game at home against BATE Borisov in the final matchday of the UEFA Champions League group stage.
“Mohamed is fine. He doesn’t have 90 minutes in him, but he’s ready,” Rudi Garcia said at his pre-match press conference.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) December 8, 2015
“The BATE match is like a derby – it’s a match we have to win,” began Garcia. “We need to have the right attitude and that means fighting from the first minute and showing that we are desperate to get through to the next round. It’s been one of our goals since the start of the season.”
“I’m just thinking about winning and tomorrow we will win – there’s nothing else we can say or do.
“We cannot – and we do not want to – rely on a draw between Bayer Leverkusen and Barcelona, that’s not the right attitude. The proper way to approach the match is to fight and to prove on the pitch that we have a real burning desire to get through.
“These kinds of important qualification matches don’t happen often at this club and we want more of them in the future. We want to be in Nyon for the draw,” Rudi concluded.
Roma and Leverkusen both have five points in Group E with Salah’s side ahead thanks to beating Leverkusen at home and drawing in Germany, while BATE are bottom of the group with four points.