Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Zamalek appoint Ahmed Abdel-Halim as youth director
Zamalek announced that former player Ahmed Abdel-Halim has been appointed as the club’s youth director following the departure of Ashraf Kassem.
Zamalek released a statement on Monday as they announced the sacking of Ashraf Kassem from his position as the club’s youth director, following a dispute with club president Mortada Mansour. Kassem was said to have refused Mansour’s orders to include two players into Zamalek’s 1999-born team as he considered them “unsuitable for the team”.
Ashraf Kassm was appointed as the club’s youth director following Mido’s departure, who went on to become Ismaily’s manager. This was considered the second time within two months that Kassem had been sacked from his position, as he was let go last October after a similar dispute, but the club then canceled the decision.
Zamalek also announced the appointment of Ahmed Abdel-Halim as Kassem’s successor. Abdel-Halim was the director of the club’s football school but the board decided to promote him to youth director, as the club announced their plans for improving the youth sector to provide the first team with the needed players.
On the other hand, Zamalek decided to appoint former player Essam Marei as the director of the club’s football school, succeeding Ahmed Abdel-Halim.