Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Zamalek appoint Ahmed Abdel-Halim as youth director
Zamalek announced that former player Ahmed Abdel-Halim has been appointed as the club’s youth director following the departure of Ashraf Kassem.
Zamalek released a statement on Monday as they announced the sacking of Ashraf Kassem from his position as the club’s youth director, following a dispute with club president Mortada Mansour. Kassem was said to have refused Mansour’s orders to include two players into Zamalek’s 1999-born team as he considered them “unsuitable for the team”.
Ashraf Kassm was appointed as the club’s youth director following Mido’s departure, who went on to become Ismaily’s manager. This was considered the second time within two months that Kassem had been sacked from his position, as he was let go last October after a similar dispute, but the club then canceled the decision.
Zamalek also announced the appointment of Ahmed Abdel-Halim as Kassem’s successor. Abdel-Halim was the director of the club’s football school but the board decided to promote him to youth director, as the club announced their plans for improving the youth sector to provide the first team with the needed players.
On the other hand, Zamalek decided to appoint former player Essam Marei as the director of the club’s football school, succeeding Ahmed Abdel-Halim.