Côte d’Ivoire international Gervinho is set to miss the 2017 CAF Africa Cup...
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
El-Hadary: I want to return to the national team
Wadi Degla goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary has expressed his hope to get a call-up to the national team, hoping to be part of the squad in the future.
The veteran keeper has stated for Radio 9090 that he’s training hard with his club for a chance to get called back to the national team.
“It’s not wrong to want to earn a call up even if I passed the 40-year-old mark, I’m training hard and it won’t be a crisis if I don’t get called up,” El-Hadary said.
The legendary goalkeeper joined Wadi Degla in the 2015 summer transfer window after spending one season with Ismaily. He announced in May that he won’t continue his contract with Ismaily and will leave after the season ends.
“I’m happy playing for Wadi Degla and I’m working hard for achieving our goal of finishing in the top four at the end of the season,” he added.
It’s worth noting that the 42-year-old keeper has won with Egypt four African Cup of Nations and won the best goalkeeper award in three of these tournaments.