Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
El-Hadary: I want to return to the national team
Wadi Degla goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary has expressed his hope to get a call-up to the national team, hoping to be part of the squad in the future.
The veteran keeper has stated for Radio 9090 that he’s training hard with his club for a chance to get called back to the national team.
“It’s not wrong to want to earn a call up even if I passed the 40-year-old mark, I’m training hard and it won’t be a crisis if I don’t get called up,” El-Hadary said.
The legendary goalkeeper joined Wadi Degla in the 2015 summer transfer window after spending one season with Ismaily. He announced in May that he won’t continue his contract with Ismaily and will leave after the season ends.
“I’m happy playing for Wadi Degla and I’m working hard for achieving our goal of finishing in the top four at the end of the season,” he added.
It’s worth noting that the 42-year-old keeper has won with Egypt four African Cup of Nations and won the best goalkeeper award in three of these tournaments.