Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Mortada Mansour rushes to El-Badry’s defence
Mortada Mansour pointed out on TV channel LTC, “The case of the national team[‘s elimination] should be opened, in order to detect the real reasons for the early elimination.”
“We shouldn’t slaughter Hossam El-Badry,” he insisted.
The Zamalek president admitted to not personally knowing El-Badry: “I don’t know him and I’ve never met him before, even by coincidence.”
“But I see the way the media and the fans are treating him after the early elimination, and it is totally wrong,” he continued.
“I demand Hossam El-Badry’s execution,” he said mockingly, poking fun at the 55-year-old’s detractors.
“Setting up the gallows for El-Badry and the players won’t benefit anyone; we want to know the real reason for the early elimination for this generation of players,” he claimed.
Moratada’s comments come after the poor displays by the Egypt Olympic team at the U-23 African Cup of Nations, which saw Egypt eliminated early on with two points from three games, thereby ending all hopes of qualifying for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.