Egypt giants Al Ahly have announced the date for their encounter with Zambian...
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
Mortada Mansour rushes to El-Badry’s defence
Mortada Mansour pointed out on TV channel LTC, “The case of the national team[‘s elimination] should be opened, in order to detect the real reasons for the early elimination.”
“We shouldn’t slaughter Hossam El-Badry,” he insisted.
The Zamalek president admitted to not personally knowing El-Badry: “I don’t know him and I’ve never met him before, even by coincidence.”
“But I see the way the media and the fans are treating him after the early elimination, and it is totally wrong,” he continued.
“I demand Hossam El-Badry’s execution,” he said mockingly, poking fun at the 55-year-old’s detractors.
“Setting up the gallows for El-Badry and the players won’t benefit anyone; we want to know the real reason for the early elimination for this generation of players,” he claimed.
Moratada’s comments come after the poor displays by the Egypt Olympic team at the U-23 African Cup of Nations, which saw Egypt eliminated early on with two points from three games, thereby ending all hopes of qualifying for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.