Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Mortada Mansour rushes to El-Badry’s defence
Mortada Mansour pointed out on TV channel LTC, “The case of the national team[‘s elimination] should be opened, in order to detect the real reasons for the early elimination.”
“We shouldn’t slaughter Hossam El-Badry,” he insisted.
The Zamalek president admitted to not personally knowing El-Badry: “I don’t know him and I’ve never met him before, even by coincidence.”
“But I see the way the media and the fans are treating him after the early elimination, and it is totally wrong,” he continued.
“I demand Hossam El-Badry’s execution,” he said mockingly, poking fun at the 55-year-old’s detractors.
“Setting up the gallows for El-Badry and the players won’t benefit anyone; we want to know the real reason for the early elimination for this generation of players,” he claimed.
Moratada’s comments come after the poor displays by the Egypt Olympic team at the U-23 African Cup of Nations, which saw Egypt eliminated early on with two points from three games, thereby ending all hopes of qualifying for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.