History is not ruling out Zamalek yet, as it is up to...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Mortada Mansour rushes to El-Badry’s defence
Mortada Mansour pointed out on TV channel LTC, “The case of the national team[‘s elimination] should be opened, in order to detect the real reasons for the early elimination.”
“We shouldn’t slaughter Hossam El-Badry,” he insisted.
The Zamalek president admitted to not personally knowing El-Badry: “I don’t know him and I’ve never met him before, even by coincidence.”
“But I see the way the media and the fans are treating him after the early elimination, and it is totally wrong,” he continued.
“I demand Hossam El-Badry’s execution,” he said mockingly, poking fun at the 55-year-old’s detractors.
“Setting up the gallows for El-Badry and the players won’t benefit anyone; we want to know the real reason for the early elimination for this generation of players,” he claimed.
Moratada’s comments come after the poor displays by the Egypt Olympic team at the U-23 African Cup of Nations, which saw Egypt eliminated early on with two points from three games, thereby ending all hopes of qualifying for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.