Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
Mortada Mansour rushes to El-Badry’s defence
Mortada Mansour pointed out on TV channel LTC, “The case of the national team[‘s elimination] should be opened, in order to detect the real reasons for the early elimination.”
“We shouldn’t slaughter Hossam El-Badry,” he insisted.
The Zamalek president admitted to not personally knowing El-Badry: “I don’t know him and I’ve never met him before, even by coincidence.”
“But I see the way the media and the fans are treating him after the early elimination, and it is totally wrong,” he continued.
“I demand Hossam El-Badry’s execution,” he said mockingly, poking fun at the 55-year-old’s detractors.
“Setting up the gallows for El-Badry and the players won’t benefit anyone; we want to know the real reason for the early elimination for this generation of players,” he claimed.
Moratada’s comments come after the poor displays by the Egypt Olympic team at the U-23 African Cup of Nations, which saw Egypt eliminated early on with two points from three games, thereby ending all hopes of qualifying for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.