Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Mortada Mansour explains Ashraf Kassem’s sacking
Zamalek have announced on Tuesday that former player Ahmed Abdel-Halim has been appointed as the club’s youth director following the sacking of Ashraf Kassem.
“A coach in the youth sector received an EGP 15,000 bribe from a parent in order to register his son in the team. I won’t allow for such things inside the club,” Mansour said in an interview with LTC channel.
Mansour said that the coach himself confessed that he took the bribe and wanted to be given the chance to return the money so he’d be forgiven.
“I talked with Kassem and asked him to fix these problems and to purge the youth sector of these incidents, but his decisions and actions were strange; as he let go Medhat Abdel-Hady, along with one of the best coach in the sector, who now coaches the women’s youth national team,” he explained.
“Parents complained to me a lot because of these incidents,” he added.
It was originally reported that Kassem was sacked following a dispute with Mansour over the inclusion of two players in the 1999-born team, who Kassem deemed unworthy; but Mortada refused these claims and explained his reasons.
It’s worth noting that Kassem was appointed as the club’s youth director following Mido’s departure, who went on to become Ismaily’s manager. Kassem was relieved of his duties also last October, but the board decided to cancel that decision.