Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli drawn in AFC CL Group D
The draw of the AFC Champions League has been announced on Thursday, with Mohamed Abdel-Shafy’s KSA club Al Ahli drawn in Group D in Asia’s biggest competition on club level.
Abdel-Shafy’s side had a good run in the preceding version of the Champions League reaching the quarter finals, before getting knocked out by potential group adversaries Iranian club Naft Tehran.
Al Ahli’s opponents in Group D are Uzbekistan’s FC Nasaf, Al- Ain of UAE and the winning team in the play-off match between Qatar’s Al-Jaish and Iran’s Naft Tehran.
The former Zamalek left back has featured in 11 games for the KSA giants so far this season recording 3 assists for the team.