Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Algeria, Nigeria qualify to Rio 2016
An eighth minute goal from Algeria’s Darfalou followed by Benkhemassa’s second in the 49th minute secured the Desert Foxes’ 2-0 win against South Africa on Wednesday, qualifying them to the Olympics for the first time in 35 years.
Hosts of the CAF U-23 Championship, Senegal, who fell to a 1-0 defeat against Nigeria by Oghenekaro’s goal from the penalty spot, will now have to play South Africa for the third place match, where the winner gets the final African place at the Rio 2016 summer games.
The final and third place match will be played on the 12th of December on the Stade Leopold Senghor in Dakar.
Algeria and Nigeria were both drawn into Group B alongside Egypt and Mali, while South Africa and Senegal were in Group A overcoming Tunisia and Zambia.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) December 9, 2015