Al Ahly striker Souleymane Coulibaly was pleased with his performance against Sokar El-Hawamdia...
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
Algeria, Nigeria qualify to Rio 2016
An eighth minute goal from Algeria’s Darfalou followed by Benkhemassa’s second in the 49th minute secured the Desert Foxes’ 2-0 win against South Africa on Wednesday, qualifying them to the Olympics for the first time in 35 years.
Hosts of the CAF U-23 Championship, Senegal, who fell to a 1-0 defeat against Nigeria by Oghenekaro’s goal from the penalty spot, will now have to play South Africa for the third place match, where the winner gets the final African place at the Rio 2016 summer games.
The final and third place match will be played on the 12th of December on the Stade Leopold Senghor in Dakar.
Algeria and Nigeria were both drawn into Group B alongside Egypt and Mali, while South Africa and Senegal were in Group A overcoming Tunisia and Zambia.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) December 9, 2015