Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Algeria, Nigeria qualify to Rio 2016
An eighth minute goal from Algeria’s Darfalou followed by Benkhemassa’s second in the 49th minute secured the Desert Foxes’ 2-0 win against South Africa on Wednesday, qualifying them to the Olympics for the first time in 35 years.
Hosts of the CAF U-23 Championship, Senegal, who fell to a 1-0 defeat against Nigeria by Oghenekaro’s goal from the penalty spot, will now have to play South Africa for the third place match, where the winner gets the final African place at the Rio 2016 summer games.
The final and third place match will be played on the 12th of December on the Stade Leopold Senghor in Dakar.
Algeria and Nigeria were both drawn into Group B alongside Egypt and Mali, while South Africa and Senegal were in Group A overcoming Tunisia and Zambia.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) December 9, 2015