Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
Egyptian Football Association delay the return of fans
Egyptian Football Association executive director Tharwat Sweilam has announced that spectators will not be returning to the stands in the coming period.
Despite announcing earlier that fans would be allowed back into stadiums for Egyptian Premier League matches starting from the second round of fixtures, the EFA has reversed its decision after discussions with the Ministry of Defence and the Ministry of Interior.
However, officials from both ministries have agreed to the hosting of Premier League matches at the Cairo International Stadium, as well as the 30 June [Air Defence] stadium, where 22 Zamalek fans lost their lives last year.