Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Paquetá: I accepted Zamalek to make history
Zamalek’s newly appointed coach Marcos Paquetá declared that he didn’t take the first team’s job for money but to make history.
Paquetá has arrived on Tuesday in Cairo after reaching an agreement with the Whites to become the manager following the departure of Jesualdo Ferreira.
“Since I entered the club I felt that I have been here since a long time ago,” Paquetá said during a meeting with Zamalek board.
“I didn’t come here to be just the team’s manager, but to make history. I received a lot of offers recently, but it seems that God chose me Zamalek. I assure that I didn’t arrive for money but I came to prevail and I will do everything to succeed with the help of my assisting staff,” he concluded.
The former Saudi Arabia coach is set to officially kick off his Zamalek tenure on December 17 when the team face Haras El Hodood in the 5th fixture in the Egyptian Premier League.