Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Al Ahly: We won’t let Ghaly or Gamal leave
Several news outlets have lately reported about offers for the duo from Saudi Arabian clubs.
Abdel-Hafiz, however, has told the club’s official website on Friday that the reported offers for the players were not official.
The club’s football director clarified that the Saudi Arabian offers received for the club’s captain Hossam Ghaly were from football agents and not official requests.
Abdel-Hafiz said that he asked the agents for an official request in order to discuss it with the team’s manager Jose Peseiro, explaining that the club doesn’t discuss unofficial offers.
He also stressed on how important Ghaly is for the team, saying that there’s no intention to let him go even if there are official offers because his contract is still ongoing with the club. In addition, he said that Ghaly’s position as a captain shows that he is essential for the team.
Abdel-Hafiz also said the same goes for the club’s striker Amr Gamal, explaining that the offers and requests for Gamal were also dismissed for being unofficial.