Ghana coach Avram Grant spoke about his team’s next game in the...
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
Al Ahly: We won’t let Ghaly or Gamal leave
Several news outlets have lately reported about offers for the duo from Saudi Arabian clubs.
Abdel-Hafiz, however, has told the club’s official website on Friday that the reported offers for the players were not official.
The club’s football director clarified that the Saudi Arabian offers received for the club’s captain Hossam Ghaly were from football agents and not official requests.
Abdel-Hafiz said that he asked the agents for an official request in order to discuss it with the team’s manager Jose Peseiro, explaining that the club doesn’t discuss unofficial offers.
He also stressed on how important Ghaly is for the team, saying that there’s no intention to let him go even if there are official offers because his contract is still ongoing with the club. In addition, he said that Ghaly’s position as a captain shows that he is essential for the team.
Abdel-Hafiz also said the same goes for the club’s striker Amr Gamal, explaining that the offers and requests for Gamal were also dismissed for being unofficial.