Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Pharaohs Abroad: El-Nenny, Koka, Trezeguet’s teams progress in Europa League
All three Pharaohs in the UEFA Europa League have successfully qualified for the next round, as Basel, Braga and Anderlecht have all earned themselves a spot in the tournament’s round of 32.
Lech Poznan 0-1 Basel
Mohamed El-Nenny’s Basel have sealed themselves a spot in UEFA Europa League’s round of 32 after beating Lech Poznan 1-0. The Egyptian midfielder started the match and was close to getting himself on the scoresheet for the third time in the competition. The Swiss side topped Group I with 13 points.
57’ | Elneny with a great shot from distance. Buric can save. Corner for Basel.
Groningen 0-0 Braga
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’s Braga managed to earn a point at FC Groningen following the team’s goaless draw in their last group stage match. The Portuguese side secured their groups’s first spot with 13 points.
Anderlecht 2-1 Qarabag
Anderlecht have managed to qualify as the groups’s runner-ups after beating Qarabag 2-1. The Belgian side have successfully knocked out the Ligue 1 side Monaco following their 4-1 loss to Tottenham. It is worth noting that Mahmoud ‘Trezeguet’ Hassan has recently returned to the team’s training after recovering from his shoulder injury.
It is worth mentioning that the UEFA Europa League round of 32 draw will be held on Monday in Nyon, Switzerland.