Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Elmohamady involved in Hull City’s winner
Hull City finally got back into winning ways in the Championship, as they defeated Bolton 1-0 following a chance created by Ahmed Elmohamady.
After a draw and two straight losses saw them fall to fourth place in the Championship standings, Hull City desperately needed to turn things around and defeat Bolton. A man-of-the-match worthy performance by Ahmed Elmohamady helped the Tigers to victory.
In the 5th minute, the Egyptian international almost scored, but his header from the edge of the six-yard box just missed the top corner of the goal. In the 19th minute, Elmohamady’s hard work paid off and resulted in a Hull goal.
His shot from the centre of the box was saved by Bolton goalkeeper Amos, but the first player to pounce on the rebound was Hull striker Chuba Akpom.
Five minutes later, Elmohamady should have had an assist when his delightful ball found Sam Clucas five yards in front of goal, but the ensuing effort was sent high. In the second half, Akpom could have doubled Hull’s lead following another Elmohamady cross, but his shot just missed the back of Amos’s net.
A solid defensive performance by the Tigers saw the lone Akpom goal to be enough, and Hull ran off with all three points. The victory has pushed Hull City to third place, two points behind second place Middlesbrough and four points behind leaders Brighton and Hove Albion.