ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz: We have not negotiated with Amro Tarek
Since moving to Real Betis over the summer, Amro Tarek has yet to feature in an official match with the team.
Yesterday, Spanish website Estadio Deportivo reported that the young Egyptian full-back is ‘close’ to leaving the Béticos ahead of the January transfer window, after failing to feature in a single game with the team since joining from El Gouna.
Even though Egypt’s Al Ahly have shown interest in acquiring the services of Amro, Betis have immediately ruled out the chances of his return to North Africa, as the La Liga side prefer a European move for the Egyptian, preferably to a Spanish club.
When it was heavily reported last month that Amro could be heading to Al Ahly, the player himself denied the rumours on his official Twitter account, but confirmed there would eventually be a decision “about the next transfer in January.”
Thanks for the interest ,but what is written is not true , me and my agent didn't take any decision yet about the next transfer in January.
— Amro Tarek (@AmroAbdelAziz) November 10, 2015
Al Ahly have also seemingly put the rumor to rest for now, with Sayed Abdel-Hafiz reacting to the news as well. The Al Ahly legend said that manager Jose Peseiro has not yet specified if he wants to purchase any players during the January transfer window, thus the club has not negotiated with Amro Tarek or any other player. Abdel-Hafiz reports that there will be a meeting between him and Peseiro next week to determine the team’s needs for the coming transfer window.