Al Ahly and Egypt’s U-20 national team forward Karim Nedved revealed that he...
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz: We have not negotiated with Amro Tarek
Since moving to Real Betis over the summer, Amro Tarek has yet to feature in an official match with the team.
Yesterday, Spanish website Estadio Deportivo reported that the young Egyptian full-back is ‘close’ to leaving the Béticos ahead of the January transfer window, after failing to feature in a single game with the team since joining from El Gouna.
Even though Egypt’s Al Ahly have shown interest in acquiring the services of Amro, Betis have immediately ruled out the chances of his return to North Africa, as the La Liga side prefer a European move for the Egyptian, preferably to a Spanish club.
When it was heavily reported last month that Amro could be heading to Al Ahly, the player himself denied the rumours on his official Twitter account, but confirmed there would eventually be a decision “about the next transfer in January.”
Thanks for the interest ,but what is written is not true , me and my agent didn't take any decision yet about the next transfer in January.
— Amro Tarek (@AmroAbdelAziz) November 10, 2015
Al Ahly have also seemingly put the rumor to rest for now, with Sayed Abdel-Hafiz reacting to the news as well. The Al Ahly legend said that manager Jose Peseiro has not yet specified if he wants to purchase any players during the January transfer window, thus the club has not negotiated with Amro Tarek or any other player. Abdel-Hafiz reports that there will be a meeting between him and Peseiro next week to determine the team’s needs for the coming transfer window.