Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
VIDEO: Étoile edge Club Africain in Sousse
In their postponed match from round four of the Tunisian Ligue 1, Étoile Sportive du Sahel defeated rivals Club Africain 1-0, courtesy of a Hamza Lahmar strike.
The much-anticipated fixture was postponed due to Étoile’s continental campaign, which ended with them clinching the CAF Confederation Cup.
The hosts went into the match without star striker Baghdad Bounedjah, who was ruled out for two months at the end of November due to injury.
In the 68th minute, Hamza Lahmar curled a free-kick from the edge of the area over the wall and past a helpless Farouk Ben Mustapha, and it would prove to be the winning goal as the visitors failed to find the equaliser before the final whistle.
The result sees Étoile increase their lead over fourth-placed Stade Gabesien to five points, while reducing the gap between them and CS Sfaxien and Esperance to three and two points respectively. Club African remain in 12th place, after eight matches.