Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
VIDEO: Étoile edge Club Africain in Sousse
In their postponed match from round four of the Tunisian Ligue 1, Étoile Sportive du Sahel defeated rivals Club Africain 1-0, courtesy of a Hamza Lahmar strike.
The much-anticipated fixture was postponed due to Étoile’s continental campaign, which ended with them clinching the CAF Confederation Cup.
The hosts went into the match without star striker Baghdad Bounedjah, who was ruled out for two months at the end of November due to injury.
In the 68th minute, Hamza Lahmar curled a free-kick from the edge of the area over the wall and past a helpless Farouk Ben Mustapha, and it would prove to be the winning goal as the visitors failed to find the equaliser before the final whistle.
The result sees Étoile increase their lead over fourth-placed Stade Gabesien to five points, while reducing the gap between them and CS Sfaxien and Esperance to three and two points respectively. Club African remain in 12th place, after eight matches.