Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ was injured as Ittihad Jeddah beat Al Hilal 2-0 in...
- Kahraba injured as Ittihad defeat Hilal in Saudi Derby
- Aly Ghazal impresses as Nacional hold Sporting in Madeira
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
VIDEO: Étoile edge Club Africain in Sousse
In their postponed match from round four of the Tunisian Ligue 1, Étoile Sportive du Sahel defeated rivals Club Africain 1-0, courtesy of a Hamza Lahmar strike.
The much-anticipated fixture was postponed due to Étoile’s continental campaign, which ended with them clinching the CAF Confederation Cup.
The hosts went into the match without star striker Baghdad Bounedjah, who was ruled out for two months at the end of November due to injury.
In the 68th minute, Hamza Lahmar curled a free-kick from the edge of the area over the wall and past a helpless Farouk Ben Mustapha, and it would prove to be the winning goal as the visitors failed to find the equaliser before the final whistle.
The result sees Étoile increase their lead over fourth-placed Stade Gabesien to five points, while reducing the gap between them and CS Sfaxien and Esperance to three and two points respectively. Club African remain in 12th place, after eight matches.