KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
VIDEO: Étoile edge Club Africain in Sousse
In their postponed match from round four of the Tunisian Ligue 1, Étoile Sportive du Sahel defeated rivals Club Africain 1-0, courtesy of a Hamza Lahmar strike.
The much-anticipated fixture was postponed due to Étoile’s continental campaign, which ended with them clinching the CAF Confederation Cup.
The hosts went into the match without star striker Baghdad Bounedjah, who was ruled out for two months at the end of November due to injury.
In the 68th minute, Hamza Lahmar curled a free-kick from the edge of the area over the wall and past a helpless Farouk Ben Mustapha, and it would prove to be the winning goal as the visitors failed to find the equaliser before the final whistle.
The result sees Étoile increase their lead over fourth-placed Stade Gabesien to five points, while reducing the gap between them and CS Sfaxien and Esperance to three and two points respectively. Club African remain in 12th place, after eight matches.