Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
VIDEO: Étoile edge Club Africain in Sousse
In their postponed match from round four of the Tunisian Ligue 1, Étoile Sportive du Sahel defeated rivals Club Africain 1-0, courtesy of a Hamza Lahmar strike.
The much-anticipated fixture was postponed due to Étoile’s continental campaign, which ended with them clinching the CAF Confederation Cup.
The hosts went into the match without star striker Baghdad Bounedjah, who was ruled out for two months at the end of November due to injury.
In the 68th minute, Hamza Lahmar curled a free-kick from the edge of the area over the wall and past a helpless Farouk Ben Mustapha, and it would prove to be the winning goal as the visitors failed to find the equaliser before the final whistle.
The result sees Étoile increase their lead over fourth-placed Stade Gabesien to five points, while reducing the gap between them and CS Sfaxien and Esperance to three and two points respectively. Club African remain in 12th place, after eight matches.