Sam Morsy was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic were unable to...
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
- Al Hilal crowned league champions over Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli, Kahraba’s Ittihad
TP Mazembe lose to Hiroshima in Club World Cup quarter-final
African champions TP Mazembe have been defeated 3-0 by Sanfrecce Hiroshima on Sunday in the quarter-final of the 2015 Club World Cup in Japan.
It was payback time against the African side, as the Japanese champions were eliminated from the 2012 FIFA Club World Cup quarter-final after losing against Egyptian giants Al Ahly.
One minute to the half time, Tsukasa Shiotani prodded Yusuke Chajima’s corner kick into the net to score the opener for Hiroshima. They stretched their lead in the second half from another set piece by Chajima and Kazuhiko Chiba headed it home in the 56th minute.
Three minutes after coming off the bench, Takuma Asano scored his team’s third goal when he got on the end of Mihael Mikic’s cross and headed beyond a helpless Sylvain Gbohouo in the 78th minute.
The Lubumbashi hailing club and the 2015 CAF champions league winners started the match with Ivory Coast goalkeeper Gbohouo between the post leaving their veteran Robert Kidiaba on the bench.
Zambian skipper Rainford Kalaba came in the second half for the Congolese side and immediately made an impact after his flick pass found Roger Assale inside the six yard box, but the latter’s overhead kick sailed over the bar.
TP Mazembe and Club America will play each other on Tuesday for fifth-place play-off. The Mexican champions lost 2-1 to Luiz Felipe Scolari side Guangzhou Evergrande of China in the other quarter-final fixture.
The Japanese side however advanced to the semi-final to face Argentine River Plate on Wednesday.