After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Morsi to miss Haras El-Hodood clash
Zamalek striker Bassem Morsi will miss the White Knights next match agains Haras El-Hodood, due to his lingering ankle injury.
Morsi suffered the injury in Egypt’s 1-0 loss to Chad in the first leg of the World Cup qualifiers. Unfortunately, the injury has not completely healed, and he needs at least one more week to be at full health. In his absence, Ahmed Hassan Mekki will likely lead the Zamalek frontline in front of his old club.
This matchup will be the first test of new Zamalek manager, Marcos Paqueta, who has been hired to replace Jesualdo Ferriera after the latter quit as manager of the Cairo giants.
Zamalek are currently in 5th place of the Egyptian Premier League with ten points, five points behind first place Maqassa, who have played three games more than the White Knights.