South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
Salah makes first start since November as Roma draw against tough Napoli
AS Roma were not able to find the back of the net in what turned out to be an entertaining ninety minutes against Italian giants Napoli.
The match started with much possession from Napoli and very little action from the Giallorossi.
Mohamed Salah, who was making his first start for Roma since his injury in November, had struggled to have any impact in the first half, making only three touches and hardly any runs.
Both Napoli and Roma had three shots in the first half, but all six were not on target.
As the second half began, both sides continued to threaten as they were unleashing deadly passes into the box but none could find the back of the net.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) December 13, 2015
Napoli were anxious to secure all three points, with players Marek Hamisk, Lorenzo Insigne and Gonzalo Higuain constantly making runs inside the box and had many opportunities to put their side ahead.
Polish goalkeeper Wojciech Szczęsny kept his side in the match having continued his great form from the previous match against BATE Borisov in the Champions league.
Roma are now 4th in Serie A with 29 points and have progressed to the round of 16 in the Champions League.
The Giallorossi‘s next match is against Spezia in the Coppa Italia on December 16th.