Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Amr Warda starts in Panetolikos loss to Olympiacos
Egyptian international midfielder Amr Warda started for Panetolikos in a hard-fought 1-0 loss to leaders Olympiacos.
Amr Warda continues to be a staple in the Canaries side, but unfortunately he wasn’t able to lead them to a surprising upset against the Greek giants despite starting and playing the full 90 minutes.
Panetolikos started the game off brightly, but were undone when their goalkeeper was sent off just before half time. Olympiacos broke the dead-lock five minutes into stoppage time.
Olympiacos missed a golden opportunity to double their lead in the 55th mintue, but Alejandro Dominguez’s penalty was saved. In the end, the lone goal was enough to down ten-men Panetolikos and send the Canaries to 14th place in the Greek SuperLiga with 13 points, only 2 spots and 6 points above last place in the league.