Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his recent...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
Amr Warda starts in Panetolikos loss to Olympiacos
Egyptian international midfielder Amr Warda started for Panetolikos in a hard-fought 1-0 loss to leaders Olympiacos.
Amr Warda continues to be a staple in the Canaries side, but unfortunately he wasn’t able to lead them to a surprising upset against the Greek giants despite starting and playing the full 90 minutes.
Panetolikos started the game off brightly, but were undone when their goalkeeper was sent off just before half time. Olympiacos broke the dead-lock five minutes into stoppage time.
Olympiacos missed a golden opportunity to double their lead in the 55th mintue, but Alejandro Dominguez’s penalty was saved. In the end, the lone goal was enough to down ten-men Panetolikos and send the Canaries to 14th place in the Greek SuperLiga with 13 points, only 2 spots and 6 points above last place in the league.