Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi is set to visit Egypt on...
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
Amr Warda starts in Panetolikos loss to Olympiacos
Egyptian international midfielder Amr Warda started for Panetolikos in a hard-fought 1-0 loss to leaders Olympiacos.
Amr Warda continues to be a staple in the Canaries side, but unfortunately he wasn’t able to lead them to a surprising upset against the Greek giants despite starting and playing the full 90 minutes.
Panetolikos started the game off brightly, but were undone when their goalkeeper was sent off just before half time. Olympiacos broke the dead-lock five minutes into stoppage time.
Olympiacos missed a golden opportunity to double their lead in the 55th mintue, but Alejandro Dominguez’s penalty was saved. In the end, the lone goal was enough to down ten-men Panetolikos and send the Canaries to 14th place in the Greek SuperLiga with 13 points, only 2 spots and 6 points above last place in the league.