Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Amr Warda starts in Panetolikos loss to Olympiacos
Egyptian international midfielder Amr Warda started for Panetolikos in a hard-fought 1-0 loss to leaders Olympiacos.
Amr Warda continues to be a staple in the Canaries side, but unfortunately he wasn’t able to lead them to a surprising upset against the Greek giants despite starting and playing the full 90 minutes.
Panetolikos started the game off brightly, but were undone when their goalkeeper was sent off just before half time. Olympiacos broke the dead-lock five minutes into stoppage time.
Olympiacos missed a golden opportunity to double their lead in the 55th mintue, but Alejandro Dominguez’s penalty was saved. In the end, the lone goal was enough to down ten-men Panetolikos and send the Canaries to 14th place in the Greek SuperLiga with 13 points, only 2 spots and 6 points above last place in the league.