Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Rudi Garcia: We missed Salah
Speaking to the press in the post-match conference Garcia said his team was “determined and compact” as he was particularly pleased with the group’s defensive organisation against one of the strongest attacks in the league.
When asked about his team’s few scoring opportunities Garcia said:
“Our goal was to start strong but then remain organised at the back.
“Salah and Džeko tried in the first minutes, and I do not remember anything dangerous against us in the first half,” Garcia continued.
Roma’s defence has come under a lot of criticism lately but today the Frenchman was content with the performance as he praised the organisation of his men.
“Today we showed determination and ability to defend.
“Yes we could have done more up front, but Inter, Juventus and Fiorentina have all lost on this ground. It is always complicated to play at the San Paolo,” he emphasized.
Roma have now failed to win in six games, in all competitions, since the derby triumph against Lazio on the 8th of November.
“It is difficult to play every three days and always remain on top,” Garcia stated.
“We miss3: Gervinho and Salah who is just returning. I believe with a little more luck we will have a few more points,” he concluded.