Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Rudi Garcia: We missed Salah
Speaking to the press in the post-match conference Garcia said his team was “determined and compact” as he was particularly pleased with the group’s defensive organisation against one of the strongest attacks in the league.
When asked about his team’s few scoring opportunities Garcia said:
“Our goal was to start strong but then remain organised at the back.
“Salah and Džeko tried in the first minutes, and I do not remember anything dangerous against us in the first half,” Garcia continued.
Roma’s defence has come under a lot of criticism lately but today the Frenchman was content with the performance as he praised the organisation of his men.
“Today we showed determination and ability to defend.
“Yes we could have done more up front, but Inter, Juventus and Fiorentina have all lost on this ground. It is always complicated to play at the San Paolo,” he emphasized.
Roma have now failed to win in six games, in all competitions, since the derby triumph against Lazio on the 8th of November.
“It is difficult to play every three days and always remain on top,” Garcia stated.
“We miss3: Gervinho and Salah who is just returning. I believe with a little more luck we will have a few more points,” he concluded.