KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
Al Ahly’s Hossam Ghaly rejects offers from Saudi Arabia
Al Ahly captain Hossam Ghaly confirmed that he rejected all the offers he lately received from several Saudi clubs stating that his desire is to continue his career with Al Ahly.
Hossam Ghaly spoke to the club’s official website stating he received several offers from the Gulf, particularly Saudi Arabia.
“I’d like to thank all the clubs that show their interest in signing me. I respect their interest but I’m looking to finish my career where it started at Al Ahly and retiring in the red shirt.”
The 34-year-old added: “My contract with Al Ahly is on-going. I don’t think about any offers from other clubs whether now or in the future. I only focus on training with the club and apply our manager’s instructions. We all are doing our best to bring back the Egyptian Premier league trophy and to compete for the CAF Champions League,” Ghaly concluded.
It worth mentioning that Al Ahly’s director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz reveled that the club had received some offers from Saudi clubs who showed their interest in signing the club’s skipper but he announced the club’s rejection to these offers.
Al Ahly are currently preparing for the their first league game in nearly 40 days as they are facing Smouha in Cairo next Thursday. The Red Devils are currently in the seventh place with nine points from four matches. They are six points behind the league leaders Misr El-Maqassa with Al Ahly having three games in hand.
It is worth noting Ghaly previously played his trade in Saudi with Riyadh-based club Al-Nassr.