Mali coach Alain Giresse officially confirmed that Soumbeyla Diakite and attacker Adama Traoré...
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and attacker Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
Mido: Salah capable of playing for a top European club
Speaking to renowned media anchor Ahmed Shobeir, the ex-Ajax frontman stated that Salah can one day play for a Europe’s big teams as Bayern Munich, FC Barcelona and Real Madrid, referring to his age and pace.
“Every 10 years we get an Egyptian player who is capable of playing for a top club,” he started. “In my opinion, Mohamed Salah is one of them; he’s both young and incredibly fast.”
“Paqueta will leave a mark in Zamalek’s history, as for Peseiro: he’s a top manager. I predict he’ll succeed with Al Ahly pretty soon, he’s developed the team in a very short period.”
The ex-striker soon praised Al Ahly legend Mohamed Abou Treika: “Abou Treika is a unique player. We won’t see a player like him again. He had a unique ability to be at his best in the more important games.”
Finally, Mido spoke about his on-field spat with then-national team manager Hassan Shehata in the 2006 African Cup of Nations, before expressing his desire to manage the national team one day.
“I regret the whole incident,” he said. “It is all forgotten and I wish I haven’t done it.”
“Managing the national team will be the road to Europe; I dream of being the youngest manager to guide Egypt to the World Cup.”