Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his recent...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
Mido: Salah capable of playing for a top European club
Speaking to renowned media anchor Ahmed Shobeir, the ex-Ajax frontman stated that Salah can one day play for a Europe’s big teams as Bayern Munich, FC Barcelona and Real Madrid, referring to his age and pace.
“Every 10 years we get an Egyptian player who is capable of playing for a top club,” he started. “In my opinion, Mohamed Salah is one of them; he’s both young and incredibly fast.”
“Paqueta will leave a mark in Zamalek’s history, as for Peseiro: he’s a top manager. I predict he’ll succeed with Al Ahly pretty soon, he’s developed the team in a very short period.”
The ex-striker soon praised Al Ahly legend Mohamed Abou Treika: “Abou Treika is a unique player. We won’t see a player like him again. He had a unique ability to be at his best in the more important games.”
Finally, Mido spoke about his on-field spat with then-national team manager Hassan Shehata in the 2006 African Cup of Nations, before expressing his desire to manage the national team one day.
“I regret the whole incident,” he said. “It is all forgotten and I wish I haven’t done it.”
“Managing the national team will be the road to Europe; I dream of being the youngest manager to guide Egypt to the World Cup.”