The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Mido: Salah capable of playing for a top European club
Speaking to renowned media anchor Ahmed Shobeir, the ex-Ajax frontman stated that Salah can one day play for a Europe’s big teams as Bayern Munich, FC Barcelona and Real Madrid, referring to his age and pace.
“Every 10 years we get an Egyptian player who is capable of playing for a top club,” he started. “In my opinion, Mohamed Salah is one of them; he’s both young and incredibly fast.”
Mido then went on to praise newly appointed Zamalek boss Marcos Paquetá, and Al Ahly boss Jose Peseiro.
“Paqueta will leave a mark in Zamalek’s history, as for Peseiro: he’s a top manager. I predict he’ll succeed with Al Ahly pretty soon, he’s developed the team in a very short period.”
The ex-striker soon praised Al Ahly legend Mohamed Abou Treika: “Abou Treika is a unique player. We won’t see a player like him again. He had a unique ability to be at his best in the more important games.”
Finally, Mido spoke about his on-field spat with then-national team manager Hassan Shehata in the 2006 African Cup of Nations, before expressing his desire to manage the national team one day.
“I regret the whole incident,” he said. “It is all forgotten and I wish I haven’t done it.”
“Managing the national team will be the road to Europe; I dream of being the youngest manager to guide Egypt to the World Cup.”