Glen De Boeck has talked about his latest signing in summer transfer window Mahmoud...
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
Mido: Salah capable of playing for a top European club
Speaking to renowned media anchor Ahmed Shobeir, the ex-Ajax frontman stated that Salah can one day play for a Europe’s big teams as Bayern Munich, FC Barcelona and Real Madrid, referring to his age and pace.
“Every 10 years we get an Egyptian player who is capable of playing for a top club,” he started. “In my opinion, Mohamed Salah is one of them; he’s both young and incredibly fast.”
Mido then went on to praise newly appointed Zamalek boss Marcos Paquetá, and Al Ahly boss Jose Peseiro.
“Paqueta will leave a mark in Zamalek’s history, as for Peseiro: he’s a top manager. I predict he’ll succeed with Al Ahly pretty soon, he’s developed the team in a very short period.”
The ex-striker soon praised Al Ahly legend Mohamed Abou Treika: “Abou Treika is a unique player. We won’t see a player like him again. He had a unique ability to be at his best in the more important games.”
Finally, Mido spoke about his on-field spat with then-national team manager Hassan Shehata in the 2006 African Cup of Nations, before expressing his desire to manage the national team one day.
“I regret the whole incident,” he said. “It is all forgotten and I wish I haven’t done it.”
“Managing the national team will be the road to Europe; I dream of being the youngest manager to guide Egypt to the World Cup.”