Braga suffered a 3-2 defeat in a thrilling game against third-placed Sporting...
- Dost nets hat-trick in Sporting’s 3-2 win over Braga
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
UEFA Europa League: Pharaohs Abroad find out round of 32 opponents
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’, Mohamed El-Nenny and Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, the Egypt internationals in the Europa League, found out who their sides would play in the round of 32 on Monday.
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’s Sporting Braga are set to face FC Sion in the round of 32 of the UEFA Europa League, while El-Nenny’s FC Basel have been drawn against AS Saint-Etienne. Meanwhile, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’s Anderlecht will play Greek champions Olympiacos, although the Ahly loanee has yet to play for the Belgian giants’ senior side.
Sporting Braga qualified to the round of 32 after finishing first in Group F with 13 points, just one point above Olympique de Marseille. Braga will face Swiss club Sion who finished second in Group B after managing to collect nine points; three points above Rubin Kazan in third and one point below group leaders Liverpool.
The first leg will be played on Thursday the 18th of February 2016 in Switzerland, while the second leg will take place on Wednesday, 24th February in Braga.
Mohamed El-Nenny’s FC Basel will have to face French side Saint-Etienne in the next round. The Swiss club managed to top Group I with 13 points, three points above Fiorentina, while ASSE ended second in Group G with nine points – behind leaders Lazio with 14. The teams will first meet in France on the 18th of February before playing the second leg in Switzerland on 25 February.
Trezeguet’s Anderlecht were drawn against Greek champions Olympiacos in the next round. The Belgian club came second in Group J with 10 points, four away from leaders Tottenham Hotspur. They will face Olympiacos who joined the tournament after being knocked out of their group in the Champions League by Arsenal due to the head to head advantage. The first leg will be played in Belgium on 18 February while the second is to be held in Athens on 25 February.
You can see the full Europa league round of 32 draw here.