AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
El-Said praises Al Ahly training camp, dreams of playing in World Cup
Al Ahly ended their camp in Dubai where they had played two friendly games, defeating the city club Dubai CSC 4-0 before drawing with CS Sfaxien 1-1 in the second game.
“The team has benefited a lot from our camp especially that we are in the phase of renewal and replacement as we have many new players and a new manager. Peseiro benefited from the camp so much as he developed the system of playing with his assistants and got the chance to watch the players closely,” El-Said told the club’s official website.
He refused to compare his generation with the previous one, describing the comparison as “unfair”.
“That generation included players as Meteb, Barakat, El-Hadary and Abou-Trieka. They played in better conditions and they achieved with the club what no one else can achieve,” he explained.
When asked about the possibility of moving to play abroad, the 30-year-old midfielder said that it is “practically impossible”.
“It was a dream for me but I know it is hard now. All I think about now is playing with Al Ahly and winning with the club as much trophies as I can and to end my career with the club perfectly,” El-Said said.
El-Said however said that he still hopes to achieve his dream of playing in the World Cup.
“We, as players, still dream of playing in the World Cup and to participate in such a competition. With the current management of the national team, I think we can have enough determination to achieve that dream,” he added.
The Red Devils are preparing for their league game against Smouha on Thursday. They currently sit in the seventh place in the league table with nine points from four games, nine points away from the temporary league leaders Misr El-Maqassa who played four more games.