Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Adel Abdel-Rahman: I won’t continue as Ittihad FC manager
Adel Abdel-Rahman revealed that the 3-0 loss against Al Nassr was mainly because of the club’s plan to replace him after the match.
After Ittihad’s 3-0 loss against Al Nassr on Monday, Egyptian interim manager Adel Abdel-Rahman told reporters in Saudi Arabia that the board are mainly responsible for the defeat.
“The reason behind the player’s poor form is that they know that the manager they are playing for will be replaced immediately after the match.”
“It is hard for me to ask them for something, and they know that their manager won’t be there in the coming match,” he continued.
The former Al Ahly player was appointed as interim manager less than three weeks ago following the sacking of Romanian coach László Bölöni.
— SIMO (@hasasimo) November 29, 2015
“My job with the players was mainly on the mental side, and I tried to mix the youngsters with the experienced players to take their chances.
“The news of [Victor] Pițurcă to Itthad again affected the players mentally,” Abdel-Rahman followed.
“The players didn’t follow my instructions, and I wished to continue for the rest of the season. The board are mainly responsible for the huge loss, and the players didn’t give their all due to their knowledge of my departure,” he concluded.
Despite blaming the club’s board for the loss, the Egyptian coach apologized to the fans after his side’s terrible performance: “I am totally sorry for all Ittihad fans.”