Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Adel Abdel-Rahman: I won’t continue as Ittihad FC manager
Adel Abdel-Rahman revealed that the 3-0 loss against Al Nassr was mainly because of the club’s plan to replace him after the match.
After Ittihad’s 3-0 loss against Al Nassr on Monday, Egyptian interim manager Adel Abdel-Rahman told reporters in Saudi Arabia that the board are mainly responsible for the defeat.
“The reason behind the player’s poor form is that they know that the manager they are playing for will be replaced immediately after the match.”
“It is hard for me to ask them for something, and they know that their manager won’t be there in the coming match,” he continued.
The former Al Ahly player was appointed as interim manager less than three weeks ago following the sacking of Romanian coach László Bölöni.
— SIMO (@hasasimo) November 29, 2015
“My job with the players was mainly on the mental side, and I tried to mix the youngsters with the experienced players to take their chances.
“The news of [Victor] Pițurcă to Itthad again affected the players mentally,” Abdel-Rahman followed.
“The players didn’t follow my instructions, and I wished to continue for the rest of the season. The board are mainly responsible for the huge loss, and the players didn’t give their all due to their knowledge of my departure,” he concluded.
Despite blaming the club’s board for the loss, the Egyptian coach apologized to the fans after his side’s terrible performance: “I am totally sorry for all Ittihad fans.”