Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Adel Abdel-Rahman: I won’t continue as Ittihad FC manager
Adel Abdel-Rahman revealed that the 3-0 loss against Al Nassr was mainly because of the club’s plan to replace him after the match.
After Ittihad’s 3-0 loss against Al Nassr on Monday, Egyptian interim manager Adel Abdel-Rahman told reporters in Saudi Arabia that the board are mainly responsible for the defeat.
“The reason behind the player’s poor form is that they know that the manager they are playing for will be replaced immediately after the match.”
“It is hard for me to ask them for something, and they know that their manager won’t be there in the coming match,” he continued.
The former Al Ahly player was appointed as interim manager less than three weeks ago following the sacking of Romanian coach László Bölöni.
— SIMO (@hasasimo) November 29, 2015
“My job with the players was mainly on the mental side, and I tried to mix the youngsters with the experienced players to take their chances.
“The news of [Victor] Pițurcă to Itthad again affected the players mentally,” Abdel-Rahman followed.
“The players didn’t follow my instructions, and I wished to continue for the rest of the season. The board are mainly responsible for the huge loss, and the players didn’t give their all due to their knowledge of my departure,” he concluded.
Despite blaming the club’s board for the loss, the Egyptian coach apologized to the fans after his side’s terrible performance: “I am totally sorry for all Ittihad fans.”