Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
Al Ahly accept resignation of general director Mahmoud Allam
Mahmoud Allam has officially resigned from his position as Al Ahly general director, the club announced on their official Facebook page.
It appeared that Mahmoud Allam was preparing himself to leave the Red Devils as he was seen gathering his personal things during Al Ahly’s board meeting on Monday, which was held in order to discuss the managing hierarchy.
There were some of Al Ahly’s staff members that helped Allam – who served the club as the board’s general director – in gathering and taking his belongings outside of the club, leading to speculation surrounding his future.
An official announcement and an appreciation letter was expected from Al Ahly to confirm his departure.
The official announcement came hours later that the governing council, headed by club president Mahmoud Taher, accepted Mahmoud Allam’s resignation and thanked him for his efforts during this past period.