Zamalek failed to recover from their loss of the CAF Champions League...
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
Al Ahly accept resignation of general director Mahmoud Allam
Mahmoud Allam has officially resigned from his position as Al Ahly general director, the club announced on their official Facebook page.
It appeared that Mahmoud Allam was preparing himself to leave the Red Devils as he was seen gathering his personal things during Al Ahly’s board meeting on Monday, which was held in order to discuss the managing hierarchy.
There were some of Al Ahly’s staff members that helped Allam – who served the club as the board’s general director – in gathering and taking his belongings outside of the club, leading to speculation surrounding his future.
An official announcement and an appreciation letter was expected from Al Ahly to confirm his departure.
The official announcement came hours later that the governing council, headed by club president Mahmoud Taher, accepted Mahmoud Allam’s resignation and thanked him for his efforts during this past period.