Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Al Ahly accept resignation of general director Mahmoud Allam
Mahmoud Allam has officially resigned from his position as Al Ahly general director, the club announced on their official Facebook page.
It appeared that Mahmoud Allam was preparing himself to leave the Red Devils as he was seen gathering his personal things during Al Ahly’s board meeting on Monday, which was held in order to discuss the managing hierarchy.
There were some of Al Ahly’s staff members that helped Allam – who served the club as the board’s general director – in gathering and taking his belongings outside of the club, leading to speculation surrounding his future.
An official announcement and an appreciation letter was expected from Al Ahly to confirm his departure.
The official announcement came hours later that the governing council, headed by club president Mahmoud Taher, accepted Mahmoud Allam’s resignation and thanked him for his efforts during this past period.