Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Al Ahly accept resignation of general director Mahmoud Allam
Mahmoud Allam has officially resigned from his position as Al Ahly general director, the club announced on their official Facebook page.
It appeared that Mahmoud Allam was preparing himself to leave the Red Devils as he was seen gathering his personal things during Al Ahly’s board meeting on Monday, which was held in order to discuss the managing hierarchy.
There were some of Al Ahly’s staff members that helped Allam – who served the club as the board’s general director – in gathering and taking his belongings outside of the club, leading to speculation surrounding his future.
An official announcement and an appreciation letter was expected from Al Ahly to confirm his departure.
The official announcement came hours later that the governing council, headed by club president Mahmoud Taher, accepted Mahmoud Allam’s resignation and thanked him for his efforts during this past period.