Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
FIFA CWC: TP Mazembe finish sixth after loss against Club América
African champions TP Mazembe ended their Club World Cup campaign with a 2-1 loss to Mexico’s Club América in the fifth-place match in Japan on Sunday.
Both teams came into the tie after losses in the quarter-finals against Sanfrecce Hiroshima and Guangzhou Evergrande respectively.
The CONCACAF champions went in front in the 19th minute, after Benedetto’s header from close range.
Martin Zuniga added the second 10 minutes later from a tap in to put the Mexicans in control, before Kalaba reduced the deficit with a close range volley two minutes before the end of the first half.
Mazembe failed to equalize in the second half, as the the Mexicans held on to claim fifth place in the Club World Cup in Japan, while the 2015 CAF Champions League winners finished in sixth.