Egypt local national team coach, Hany Ramzy has identified 36 players to...
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
FIFA CWC: TP Mazembe finish sixth after loss against Club América
African champions TP Mazembe ended their Club World Cup campaign with a 2-1 loss to Mexico’s Club América in the fifth-place match in Japan on Sunday.
Both teams came into the tie after losses in the quarter-finals against Sanfrecce Hiroshima and Guangzhou Evergrande respectively.
The CONCACAF champions went in front in the 19th minute, after Benedetto’s header from close range.
Martin Zuniga added the second 10 minutes later from a tap in to put the Mexicans in control, before Kalaba reduced the deficit with a close range volley two minutes before the end of the first half.
Mazembe failed to equalize in the second half, as the the Mexicans held on to claim fifth place in the Club World Cup in Japan, while the 2015 CAF Champions League winners finished in sixth.