Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
FIFA CWC: TP Mazembe finish sixth after loss against Club América
African champions TP Mazembe ended their Club World Cup campaign with a 2-1 loss to Mexico’s Club América in the fifth-place match in Japan on Sunday.
Both teams came into the tie after losses in the quarter-finals against Sanfrecce Hiroshima and Guangzhou Evergrande respectively.
The CONCACAF champions went in front in the 19th minute, after Benedetto’s header from close range.
Martin Zuniga added the second 10 minutes later from a tap in to put the Mexicans in control, before Kalaba reduced the deficit with a close range volley two minutes before the end of the first half.
Mazembe failed to equalize in the second half, as the the Mexicans held on to claim fifth place in the Club World Cup in Japan, while the 2015 CAF Champions League winners finished in sixth.