Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal has stressed that Egypt manager Hector Cuper...
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
FIFA CWC: TP Mazembe finish sixth after loss against Club América
African champions TP Mazembe ended their Club World Cup campaign with a 2-1 loss to Mexico’s Club América in the fifth-place match in Japan on Sunday.
Both teams came into the tie after losses in the quarter-finals against Sanfrecce Hiroshima and Guangzhou Evergrande respectively.
The CONCACAF champions went in front in the 19th minute, after Benedetto’s header from close range.
Martin Zuniga added the second 10 minutes later from a tap in to put the Mexicans in control, before Kalaba reduced the deficit with a close range volley two minutes before the end of the first half.
Mazembe failed to equalize in the second half, as the the Mexicans held on to claim fifth place in the Club World Cup in Japan, while the 2015 CAF Champions League winners finished in sixth.