Mamelodi Sundowns manager, Pitso Mosimane, believes that it’s far from over in...
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
- Egypt climbs seven places in October FIFA Rankings
- Egypt’s Aya Medany to join IOC’s Athletes’ Commission
- Egypt schedules and venues for 2017 AFCON announced
- Basel thumped in Paris
- South Africa coach Mashaba to accompany Sundowns to Egypt
- Hegazy returns as El-Badry announces Al Ahly squad to face Aswan
FIFA CWC: TP Mazembe finish sixth after loss against Club América
African champions TP Mazembe ended their Club World Cup campaign with a 2-1 loss to Mexico’s Club América in the fifth-place match in Japan on Sunday.
Both teams came into the tie after losses in the quarter-finals against Sanfrecce Hiroshima and Guangzhou Evergrande respectively.
The CONCACAF champions went in front in the 19th minute, after Benedetto’s header from close range.
Martin Zuniga added the second 10 minutes later from a tap in to put the Mexicans in control, before Kalaba reduced the deficit with a close range volley two minutes before the end of the first half.
Mazembe failed to equalize in the second half, as the the Mexicans held on to claim fifth place in the Club World Cup in Japan, while the 2015 CAF Champions League winners finished in sixth.