Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Hossam El-Badry speaks on Egypt’s failure to reach Rio
Following the poor performance in the U-23 AFCON, Hossam El-Badry reveals what went wrong with the team. As he faced the media, in order to report to the Egyptian FA and the fans following early elimination.
“Apparently Egypt’s failure in reaching the Olympic Games is because they didn’t have the required preparations needed for the U-23 African Cup of Nation,” El-Badry stated.
“I did ask for long a preparation camp before the tournament and I was serious about it, but the Egyptian FA insisted on refusing my proposal, just to make sure that the league will be played regularly,” he continued.
The former U-23 Egyptian coach didn’t stop here. “Although, we couldn’t fulfill our aim to face strong national teams, in order to prepare for the tournament and to analyze the players performance in the big games.
“Even-though in our confirmed camps, we didn’t have enough opportunities to have all the players available, due to their duties with their clubs or with the senior Egyptian national team which for sure affected the players negatively,” he followed.
“The clubs didn’t offer the players the rest they needed.
“The negative spirit and the lack of confidence, were more than enough to see us elimniated early,” he concluded.