Egypt’s Mohamed Safwat was knocked out of Dubai Tennis Championships from the first...
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
Hossam El-Badry speaks on Egypt’s failure to reach Rio
Former Egypt U23 national team coach Hossam El-Badry, came out to reveal the real reasons behind Egypt’s failure in the U-23 African Cup of Nations.
Following the poor performance in the U-23 AFCON, Hossam El-Badry reveals what went wrong with the team. As he faced the media, in order to report to the Egyptian FA and the fans following early elimination.
“Apparently Egypt’s failure in reaching the Olympic Games is because they didn’t have the required preparations needed for the U-23 African Cup of Nation,” El-Badry stated.
“I did ask for long a preparation camp before the tournament and I was serious about it, but the Egyptian FA insisted on refusing my proposal, just to make sure that the league will be played regularly,” he continued.
The former U-23 Egyptian coach didn’t stop here. “Although, we couldn’t fulfill our aim to face strong national teams, in order to prepare for the tournament and to analyze the players performance in the big games.
“Even-though in our confirmed camps, we didn’t have enough opportunities to have all the players available, due to their duties with their clubs or with the senior Egyptian national team which for sure affected the players negatively,” he followed.
“The clubs didn’t offer the players the rest they needed.
“The negative spirit and the lack of confidence, were more than enough to see us elimniated early,” he concluded.