Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Hossam El-Badry speaks on Egypt’s failure to reach Rio
Former Egypt U23 national team coach Hossam El-Badry, came out to reveal the real reasons behind Egypt’s failure in the U-23 African Cup of Nations.
Following the poor performance in the U-23 AFCON, Hossam El-Badry reveals what went wrong with the team. As he faced the media, in order to report to the Egyptian FA and the fans following early elimination.
“Apparently Egypt’s failure in reaching the Olympic Games is because they didn’t have the required preparations needed for the U-23 African Cup of Nation,” El-Badry stated.
“I did ask for long a preparation camp before the tournament and I was serious about it, but the Egyptian FA insisted on refusing my proposal, just to make sure that the league will be played regularly,” he continued.
The former U-23 Egyptian coach didn’t stop here. “Although, we couldn’t fulfill our aim to face strong national teams, in order to prepare for the tournament and to analyze the players performance in the big games.
“Even-though in our confirmed camps, we didn’t have enough opportunities to have all the players available, due to their duties with their clubs or with the senior Egyptian national team which for sure affected the players negatively,” he followed.
“The clubs didn’t offer the players the rest they needed.
“The negative spirit and the lack of confidence, were more than enough to see us elimniated early,” he concluded.