Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Paquetá names squad for his Zamalek debut
Newly-appointed Zamalek manager Marcos Paquetá has announced the team’s squad-list to face Haras El-Hodood in the eighth round of the Egyptian Premier league on Thursday.
The Brazilian coach who will be starting his managerial spell with the White Castle, had many absentees in his list.
The 20-man list has witnessed the exclusion of Islam Gamal, Sherif Alaa and Mohamed Ibrahim for technical reasons, while Bassem Morsi and Tarek Hamed are set to miss the game due to injury and suspension, respectively.
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Mohamed Abou-Gabal and Mahmoud Gennesh
Defenders: Omar Gaber, Mohamed Koffi, Aly Gabr, Ahmed Dewidar, Mohamed Adel Gomaa, Hazem Emam and Hamada Tolba
Midfielders: Ibrahim Salah, Ahmed Tawfik, Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek, Maarouf Yusuf, Ayman Hefni, Ahmed Hammoudi and Mostafa Fathi.
Forwards: Mahmoud Kahraba, Mohamed Salem and Ahmed Hassan Mekki.
The game is scheduled to kick off at 3:00 pm CLT on Thursday. Zamalek currently sit in the sixth place of the league table with 10 points, eight points away from league leaders Misr El-Maqassa. The White Castle however still have four matches in hand.