Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Koka’s Braga advance to quarter-finals after extra-time win over Sporting
Ahmed Hassan Koka’s Braga advanced to the quarter finals of the Portuguese Cup after defeating Sporting FC 4-3 on Wednesday evening.
Ahmed Hassan Koka started the game for Braga in his usual position as lone striker. However, it was Sporting who got on the board first due to a tenth minute strike by Alberto Aquilani. Braga were able to get the goal back before halftime, courtesy of Wilson Eduardo.
Braga broke the deadlock 10 minutes after halftime, through Brazilian winger Alan. The lead was shortlived, however, as Algerian Islam Slimani brought the scores level only three minutes later.
Koka was substituted off in the 65th minute, after making no real impression on the game. Immediately after his substitution, Sporting FC broke the deadlock again, this time through Portuguese midfielder William Carvalho.
Six minutes before full time, Braga got their well-deserved equalizer, courtesy of Marcelo Goiano. The game ultimately went to extra time, and Rui Fonte gave Braga the lead for the final time in the 111th minute. Braga held on to eliminate Sporting FC and advanced to the quarterfinals of the Portuguese Cup.