Egypt international Sam Morsy has signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract at the DW...
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
Weightlifting: Mohamed Ihab Awarded Silver Medal
Egyptian weightlifter Mohamed Ihab was awarded a silver medal in the 2015 World Weightlifting Championship.
Ihab originally earned a bronze medal in the ‘Clean & Jerk’ category for his 77kg weight class during the 2015 World Weightlifting Championship, which was held in the United States last month.
However, the silver medalist, Elkhan Aligulizada from Azerbaijan, was tested positive for a banned substance. Therefore, the International Weighlifting Federation awarded Mohamed Ihab with the silver medal.
Ihab had an all-around magnificent showing during the games, winning a bronze medal for total performance for his weight class. Ihab only moved up from the 69kg weight class six months ago, so his performance in this edition of the World Weightlifting Championship is exceptional. Ihab set Egyptian, African, and Arab records for snatch, clean & jerk, and total.