Egypt international and Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has started the process of recovering...
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
Weightlifting: Mohamed Ihab Awarded Silver Medal
Egyptian weightlifter Mohamed Ihab was awarded a silver medal in the 2015 World Weightlifting Championship.
Ihab originally earned a bronze medal in the ‘Clean & Jerk’ category for his 77kg weight class during the 2015 World Weightlifting Championship, which was held in the United States last month.
However, the silver medalist, Elkhan Aligulizada from Azerbaijan, was tested positive for a banned substance. Therefore, the International Weighlifting Federation awarded Mohamed Ihab with the silver medal.
Ihab had an all-around magnificent showing during the games, winning a bronze medal for total performance for his weight class. Ihab only moved up from the 69kg weight class six months ago, so his performance in this edition of the World Weightlifting Championship is exceptional. Ihab set Egyptian, African, and Arab records for snatch, clean & jerk, and total.