Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Weightlifting: Mohamed Ihab Awarded Silver Medal
Egyptian weightlifter Mohamed Ihab was awarded a silver medal in the 2015 World Weightlifting Championship.
Ihab originally earned a bronze medal in the ‘Clean & Jerk’ category for his 77kg weight class during the 2015 World Weightlifting Championship, which was held in the United States last month.
However, the silver medalist, Elkhan Aligulizada from Azerbaijan, was tested positive for a banned substance. Therefore, the International Weighlifting Federation awarded Mohamed Ihab with the silver medal.
Ihab had an all-around magnificent showing during the games, winning a bronze medal for total performance for his weight class. Ihab only moved up from the 69kg weight class six months ago, so his performance in this edition of the World Weightlifting Championship is exceptional. Ihab set Egyptian, African, and Arab records for snatch, clean & jerk, and total.