Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Weightlifting: Mohamed Ihab Awarded Silver Medal
Egyptian weightlifter Mohamed Ihab was awarded a silver medal in the 2015 World Weightlifting Championship.
Ihab originally earned a bronze medal in the ‘Clean & Jerk’ category for his 77kg weight class during the 2015 World Weightlifting Championship, which was held in the United States last month.
However, the silver medalist, Elkhan Aligulizada from Azerbaijan, was tested positive for a banned substance. Therefore, the International Weighlifting Federation awarded Mohamed Ihab with the silver medal.
Ihab had an all-around magnificent showing during the games, winning a bronze medal for total performance for his weight class. Ihab only moved up from the 69kg weight class six months ago, so his performance in this edition of the World Weightlifting Championship is exceptional. Ihab set Egyptian, African, and Arab records for snatch, clean & jerk, and total.