Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Mimi: We deserved the 3 points, could have scored more
Mimi Abdel-Razek claimed that he planned ahead to pressure Al Ahly from the beginning of the match, while trying to score an early goal.
“I used Al Ahly’s faults to my own benefit, to win 3-0,” he said.
Mimi also mentioned that he gambled on Khaled Kamar and Islam Mohareb’s acceleration, which made the difference and helped his side claim maximum points.
“We deserved to win and could have increased the scoreline further.” the 55-year-old continued.
“I observed Al Ahly’s match against CS Sfaxien in UAE, and identified their style of play and weaknesses.”
When asked about Peseiro’s substitutions, he replied, “Yes, they did help us further.”