Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Mimi: We deserved the 3 points, could have scored more
Mimi Abdel-Razek claimed that he planned ahead to pressure Al Ahly from the beginning of the match, while trying to score an early goal.
“I used Al Ahly’s faults to my own benefit, to win 3-0,” he said.
Mimi also mentioned that he gambled on Khaled Kamar and Islam Mohareb’s acceleration, which made the difference and helped his side claim maximum points.
“We deserved to win and could have increased the scoreline further.” the 55-year-old continued.
“I observed Al Ahly’s match against CS Sfaxien in UAE, and identified their style of play and weaknesses.”
When asked about Peseiro’s substitutions, he replied, “Yes, they did help us further.”