Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Peseiro: The fans are the reason behind the defeat
Al Ahly manager José Peseiro defended himself in the post-match press conference after his side’s 3-0 loss to Smouha while accusing Al Ahly’s fans of being the main reason behind the defeat.
The Ultras Red Devils’ Facebook page posted on Wednesday that they would be at the players’ hotel to support them all over the way to the Petrosport stadium.
“What happened in front of the hotel is the reason behind the defeat,” Peseiro claimed.
Al Ahly’s bus was delayed, which led to the players leaving the hotel using their personal cars. Al Ahly media director Gamal Gabr claimed that Sherif Ekramy and Hossam Ghaly were ‘detained’ by Al Ahly fans.