Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Sam Morsy banned for two matches
Egypt-eligible midfielder Sam Morsy has been suspended for two matches after receiving his 10th yellow card of the season on Tuesday.
Chesterfield captain Sam Morsy will be a big miss for his side after he received his 10th yellow card of the season during Tuesday’s FA Cup defeat at Walsall.
The automatic two-match ban will mean that Morsy will have to sit out coming league fixtures at home to Bradford City and the Boxing Day trip to Peterborough United.
The Spireites haven’t won a league game since 31 October when they beat Fleetwood 1-0 away from home, which made the club board sack Dean Saunders after just six months in charge following a 4-0 home defeat to Swindon Town.
League 1 strugglers Chesterfield are currently 17th in the league with 23 points from 21 games.