Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
VIDEO: Abou-Treika features in Kuwait Champions Challenge
Egypt legend Mohamed Abou-Treika featured in the Kuwait Champions Challenge for the International World XI team against the Kuwait All-Stars team.
The Al Ahly legend was chosen to be part of the team a few weeks ago, and was joined by many footballing legends like Paul Scholes, Robert Pires, Fabio Cannavaro, and Alessandro Del Piero.
The match was scheduled as a ceremonial opening of the newly built Jober Stadium in Kuwait’s capital Kuwait City.
Abou-Treika started the match on the bench. Ex-Real Madrid and Barcelona player Luis Figo opened the scoring with a magnificent volley before Fahd El-Hagry leveled the score for the Kuwait all-stars. Before the end of the first half, Bader Al-Motawaa gave the Kuwait all-stars team a one goal lead.
Abou-Treika was subbed on for Dwight Yorke in the — minute of the second half by Fabio Capello, World XI manager, with a huge ovation by the fans and his teammates.
Less than ten minutes later, unhappy fans began booing as Abou-Treika walked off the field. Robert Pires was able to level the score, but in the end the Kuwaitis came out on top. Fahad Al-Oneizi and Naser Seleiman made the score 4-2.