Hafez’s team, Lens was dominated at home by Stade Reims but managed...
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
VIDEO: Abou-Treika features in Kuwait Champions Challenge
Egypt legend Mohamed Abou-Treika featured in the Kuwait Champions Challenge for the International World XI team against the Kuwait All-Stars team.
The Al Ahly legend was chosen to be part of the team a few weeks ago, and was joined by many footballing legends like Paul Scholes, Robert Pires, Fabio Cannavaro, and Alessandro Del Piero.
The match was scheduled as a ceremonial opening of the newly built Jober Stadium in Kuwait’s capital Kuwait City.
Abou-Treika started the match on the bench. Ex-Real Madrid and Barcelona player Luis Figo opened the scoring with a magnificent volley before Fahd El-Hagry leveled the score for the Kuwait all-stars. Before the end of the first half, Bader Al-Motawaa gave the Kuwait all-stars team a one goal lead.
Abou-Treika was subbed on for Dwight Yorke in the — minute of the second half by Fabio Capello, World XI manager, with a huge ovation by the fans and his teammates.
Less than ten minutes later, unhappy fans began booing as Abou-Treika walked off the field. Robert Pires was able to level the score, but in the end the Kuwaitis came out on top. Fahad Al-Oneizi and Naser Seleiman made the score 4-2.