The FIFA Ethics committee has announced bans on various African football officials at both...
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
VIDEO: Abou-Treika features in Kuwait Champions Challenge
Egypt legend Mohamed Abou-Treika featured in the Kuwait Champions Challenge for the International World XI team against the Kuwait All-Stars team.
The Al Ahly legend was chosen to be part of the team a few weeks ago, and was joined by many footballing legends like Paul Scholes, Robert Pires, Fabio Cannavaro, and Alessandro Del Piero.
The match was scheduled as a ceremonial opening of the newly built Jober Stadium in Kuwait’s capital Kuwait City.
Abou-Treika started the match on the bench. Ex-Real Madrid and Barcelona player Luis Figo opened the scoring with a magnificent volley before Fahd El-Hagry leveled the score for the Kuwait all-stars. Before the end of the first half, Bader Al-Motawaa gave the Kuwait all-stars team a one goal lead.
Abou-Treika was subbed on for Dwight Yorke in the — minute of the second half by Fabio Capello, World XI manager, with a huge ovation by the fans and his teammates.
Less than ten minutes later, unhappy fans began booing as Abou-Treika walked off the field. Robert Pires was able to level the score, but in the end the Kuwaitis came out on top. Fahad Al-Oneizi and Naser Seleiman made the score 4-2.