KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
VIDEO: Abou-Treika features in Kuwait Champions Challenge
The Al Ahly legend was chosen to be part of the team a few weeks ago, and was joined by many footballing legends like Paul Scholes, Robert Pires, Fabio Cannavaro, and Alessandro Del Piero.
The match was scheduled as a ceremonial opening of the newly built Jober Stadium in Kuwait’s capital Kuwait City.
Abou-Treika started the match on the bench. Ex-Real Madrid and Barcelona player Luis Figo opened the scoring with a magnificent volley before Fahd El-Hagry leveled the score for the Kuwait all-stars. Before the end of the first half, Bader Al-Motawaa gave the Kuwait all-stars team a one goal lead.
Abou-Treika was subbed on for Dwight Yorke in the — minute of the second half by Fabio Capello, World XI manager, with a huge ovation by the fans and his teammates.
Less than ten minutes later, unhappy fans began booing as Abou-Treika walked off the field. Robert Pires was able to level the score, but in the end the Kuwaitis came out on top. Fahad Al-Oneizi and Naser Seleiman made the score 4-2.