The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
VIDEO: Abou-Treika features in Kuwait Champions Challenge
The Al Ahly legend was chosen to be part of the team a few weeks ago, and was joined by many footballing legends like Paul Scholes, Robert Pires, Fabio Cannavaro, and Alessandro Del Piero.
The match was scheduled as a ceremonial opening of the newly built Jober Stadium in Kuwait’s capital Kuwait City.
Abou-Treika started the match on the bench. Ex-Real Madrid and Barcelona player Luis Figo opened the scoring with a magnificent volley before Fahd El-Hagry leveled the score for the Kuwait all-stars. Before the end of the first half, Bader Al-Motawaa gave the Kuwait all-stars team a one goal lead.
Abou-Treika was subbed on for Dwight Yorke in the — minute of the second half by Fabio Capello, World XI manager, with a huge ovation by the fans and his teammates.
Less than ten minutes later, unhappy fans began booing as Abou-Treika walked off the field. Robert Pires was able to level the score, but in the end the Kuwaitis came out on top. Fahad Al-Oneizi and Naser Seleiman made the score 4-2.