Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
ENPPI sink Arab Contractors with late double
ENPPI left it late against Arab Contractors on Saturday evening, but Hany Ramzy’s men defeated their opponents 3-1 to collect three valuable points.
Mahmoud Kaoud fired his side into the lead half an hour into the match; the attacker skillfully dribbled past defenders Ahmed Moody and Ramy Adel before slotting the ball past Mahmoud Abou El-Seoud from a tight angle.
Mahmoud Taher unwittingly equalised for Arab Contractors 20 minutes into the second half, after his attempted cross in from the right caught ENPPI stopper Abdel-Monsif off guard as it looped into the top corner.
Three minutes from the end of regulation time, Ramy Sabry scored what proved to be the winner for the hosts, as he capitalised on poor defending from a corner, just five minutes after Abou El-Seoud had been sent off.
Ahmed Refaat went on to rub salt into Tarek El-Ashry’s players’ wounds, as he added the third in injury time.
ENPPI’s win means they sit 6th in the Egyptian Premier League standings, level on points with Ismaily, Zamalek, and Ittihad of Alexandria. Arab Contractors, meanwhile, remain in 14th, three points above the relegation zone, with the appointment of El-Ashry as a replacement for Hassan Shehata yet to pay dividends.