Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
ENPPI sink Arab Contractors with late double
ENPPI left it late against Arab Contractors on Saturday evening, but Hany Ramzy’s men defeated their opponents 3-1 to collect three valuable points.
Mahmoud Kaoud fired his side into the lead half an hour into the match; the attacker skillfully dribbled past defenders Ahmed Moody and Ramy Adel before slotting the ball past Mahmoud Abou El-Seoud from a tight angle.
Mahmoud Taher unwittingly equalised for Arab Contractors 20 minutes into the second half, after his attempted cross in from the right caught ENPPI stopper Abdel-Monsif off guard as it looped into the top corner.
Three minutes from the end of regulation time, Ramy Sabry scored what proved to be the winner for the hosts, as he capitalised on poor defending from a corner, just five minutes after Abou El-Seoud had been sent off.
Ahmed Refaat went on to rub salt into Tarek El-Ashry’s players’ wounds, as he added the third in injury time.
ENPPI’s win means they sit 6th in the Egyptian Premier League standings, level on points with Ismaily, Zamalek, and Ittihad of Alexandria. Arab Contractors, meanwhile, remain in 14th, three points above the relegation zone, with the appointment of El-Ashry as a replacement for Hassan Shehata yet to pay dividends.