Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Barcelona clinch FIFA CWC to tie Al Ahly record
The Catalans cruised to an easy victory thanks to goals from Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez (twice), to clinch their fifth trophy in 2015.
According to UEFA, the Blaugrana only have 14 European titles, as the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup tournaments held between 1955 and 1971 are not recognized by the continent’s football governing body.
Adding Barcelona’s three FIFA CWC trophies, that comes to a total of 17 trophies, three less than Al Ahly’s 20.
However, FIFA view the Fairs Cups are a major honor, and if they are to be counted as such, the quintuple winners’ continental trophy haul comes to 20, equalling Al Ahly.