Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Mortada Mansour: We’ll sign three new players in January
“We are working on signing three new players in January transfer window” Mansour told TV channel LTC on Saturday.
“We are looking for a new striker, left back and right back; those are the positions we want to strengthen.
“The technical committee is currently scouting some promising African strikers, and we will sign the best one of them,” he continued.
Zamalek have already taken the first step towards signing a right back, Mansour confirmed; Zamalek have enquired about Smouha’s Ayman Ashraf.
“We want to sign Ayman Ashraf from Smouha, but they insist he is not for sale,” Mansour added.
“Farag Amer, Smouha’s owner, treats all of Smouha’s players like his children, and he doesn’t want to sell any of them.”
The ex-Ahly defender joined Smouha back in 2013 and impressed Shawky Gharib, who was managing the Egyptian national team back then, earning several call-ups.
Earlier, Zamalek announced a loan deal with Smouha for Islam Gamal, and the Whites are hoping to take advantage of the good relationship between the two clubs to secure the services of Ayman Ashraf from the Alexandrian club.