Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Mortada Mansour: We’ll sign three new players in January
Zamalek president Mortada Mansour has confirmed that the club will be active in the January transfer window, and will be aiming to buy three new players in three different positions.
“We are working on signing three new players in January transfer window” Mansour told TV channel LTC on Saturday.
“We are looking for a new striker, left back and right back; those are the positions we want to strengthen.
“The technical committee is currently scouting some promising African strikers, and we will sign the best one of them,” he continued.
Zamalek have already taken the first step towards signing a right back, Mansour confirmed; Zamalek have enquired about Smouha’s Ayman Ashraf.
“We want to sign Ayman Ashraf from Smouha, but they insist he is not for sale,” Mansour added.
“Farag Amer, Smouha’s owner, treats all of Smouha’s players like his children, and he doesn’t want to sell any of them.”
The ex-Ahly defender joined Smouha back in 2013 and impressed Shawky Gharib, who was managing the Egyptian national team back then, earning several call-ups.
Earlier, Zamalek announced a loan deal with Smouha for Islam Gamal, and the Whites are hoping to take advantage of the good relationship between the two clubs to secure the services of Ayman Ashraf from the Alexandrian club.