In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Mortada Mansour: We’ll sign three new players in January
Zamalek president Mortada Mansour has confirmed that the club will be active in the January transfer window, and will be aiming to buy three new players in three different positions.
“We are working on signing three new players in January transfer window” Mansour told TV channel LTC on Saturday.
“We are looking for a new striker, left back and right back; those are the positions we want to strengthen.
“The technical committee is currently scouting some promising African strikers, and we will sign the best one of them,” he continued.
Zamalek have already taken the first step towards signing a right back, Mansour confirmed; Zamalek have enquired about Smouha’s Ayman Ashraf.
“We want to sign Ayman Ashraf from Smouha, but they insist he is not for sale,” Mansour added.
“Farag Amer, Smouha’s owner, treats all of Smouha’s players like his children, and he doesn’t want to sell any of them.”
The ex-Ahly defender joined Smouha back in 2013 and impressed Shawky Gharib, who was managing the Egyptian national team back then, earning several call-ups.
Earlier, Zamalek announced a loan deal with Smouha for Islam Gamal, and the Whites are hoping to take advantage of the good relationship between the two clubs to secure the services of Ayman Ashraf from the Alexandrian club.