Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Mortada Mansour: We’ll sign three new players in January
“We are working on signing three new players in January transfer window” Mansour told TV channel LTC on Saturday.
“We are looking for a new striker, left back and right back; those are the positions we want to strengthen.
“The technical committee is currently scouting some promising African strikers, and we will sign the best one of them,” he continued.
Zamalek have already taken the first step towards signing a right back, Mansour confirmed; Zamalek have enquired about Smouha’s Ayman Ashraf.
“We want to sign Ayman Ashraf from Smouha, but they insist he is not for sale,” Mansour added.
“Farag Amer, Smouha’s owner, treats all of Smouha’s players like his children, and he doesn’t want to sell any of them.”
The ex-Ahly defender joined Smouha back in 2013 and impressed Shawky Gharib, who was managing the Egyptian national team back then, earning several call-ups.
Earlier, Zamalek announced a loan deal with Smouha for Islam Gamal, and the Whites are hoping to take advantage of the good relationship between the two clubs to secure the services of Ayman Ashraf from the Alexandrian club.