An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Zamalek suspend Bassem Morsi
Zamalek assistant manager Ismail Youssef has decided to suspend the team’s striker Bassem Morsi, according to the club’s official website.
Youssef fined the player and referred the suspension decision to the club’s board on Sunday. His decision came after Morsi appeared on several TV shows, in spite of the club’s ongoing media ban.
“Morsi’s suspension came as a result of the player’s persistence to breach the club rules and instructions,” the club statement added.
Morsi was hit with a 300,000 fine late November after he used social media, which is also against the club’s rules.
Club chairman Mortada Mansour previously said that Morsi will be sold to another club if he remained persistent on his “negative” behaviour.