Ghana coach Avram Grant spoke about his team’s next game in the...
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
Zamalek suspend Bassem Morsi
Zamalek assistant manager Ismail Youssef has decided to suspend the team’s striker Bassem Morsi, according to the club’s official website.
Youssef fined the player and referred the suspension decision to the club’s board on Sunday. His decision came after Morsi appeared on several TV shows, in spite of the club’s ongoing media ban.
“Morsi’s suspension came as a result of the player’s persistence to breach the club rules and instructions,” the club statement added.
Morsi was hit with a 300,000 fine late November after he used social media, which is also against the club’s rules.
Club chairman Mortada Mansour previously said that Morsi will be sold to another club if he remained persistent on his “negative” behaviour.