Former Tottenham Hotspur striker Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has given an outrageous vow...
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
VIDEO: Tala’a El-Gaish hand Zamalek first league loss of the season
Zamaleks lost 3-1 to Tala’a El Gaish as both teams finished with 10 men in what was Zamaleks first league loss of the season.
The hosts started the game brightly when four minutes into the game they were awarded a penalty after after Ali Gabr brought Konan down and he was subsquently sent off for his actions. The penalty was slotted in nicely by Mohammed Ashraf.
They nearly got a second goal two minutes later when Konan hit his powerful shot just wide of the Zamalek goal. El-Gaish did take advantage of the man advantage though, former Egyptian international Abdel-Aziz Tawfiqs low cross was met by Islam Kamal.
Zamalek started to get into the game soon after and were rewarded when Hazem Emam found an unmarked Mahmoud Kahraba, his header found the net to bring Zamalek back in the game.
Zamalek should have been even at the break when Omar Gabers run eventually ended with a cross to the out-of-form Mekky who missed the target all together to end the half.
At the start of the second half, Hazem Emam brought down his former team mate Alaa Ali in the box to reward another penalty to El Gaish. Konan took it, and slotted it right through the middle to put the hosts 3-1 in front.
The game looked to be El-Gaish’s to lose until Abdel-Aziz Tawfiq recieved a red card for his second yellow card challenge of Mahmoud Kahraba.
They suffered the consequences of his actions immediately as substitute Mostafa Fathi produced a sublime piece of skill in a tight area to get away from two defenders, before slotting in to bring the Whites back in with a chance.
They got that chance with three minutes remaining of the game, Moruf’s brilliant cross was met by Mekky who couldn’t keep his volley down 10 yards from goal to end the game with victory to El-Gaish.
The win for Tala’a El Gaish gifts them only their second win of the season, they will face Harras El-Hodoud in a Millitary Derby next. Zamalek on the other hand were handed only their first loss of the season.
Their next game against Ghazl El-Mahalla is in serious doubt after they issued statement saying that they will not continue playing in the Egyptian Premier League this season.