Egypt international Amr Warda featured in Panetolikos’ 1-0 loss to Atromitos in the group stage...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Jesse Were close to sealing Ittihad of Alexandria move
Ittihad of Alexandria are closing on Kenyan striker Jesse Were, and the Tusker FC player has revealed that there are ongoing talks between him and the Egyptian club.
The Tusker FC striker seems to have played his last match for his club, and is ready and willing to depart for the Egyptian side.
The SportPesa Premier league Golden Boot winner told Soka25East, “I am going to the Egyptian embassy for Visa applications then I will travel for talks with Ittihad who have shown interest in getting my services. As a footballer I am happy and I have what it takes to make the mission possible as Egypt have high standards in their game.”
“I have been linked to many teams but I feel I am more interested in the Ittihad deal which suits me very well,” Were concluded.
Were scored 22 goals in his side’s previous campaign, and his presence up front will surely be missed by his side.