Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
VIDEO: Salah plays 82 minutes as Roma down Genoa
Egyptian international Mohamed Salah played 82 minutes as Roma snatched a 2 nil home win against Genoa; the Giallorossi’s first win in the past seven matches in all competitions.
Roma managed to open the scoreline just three minutes away from the halftime mark, after Lucas Digne’s cross got deflected by Genoa’s defender and fell to Florenzi at the far post. The Italian smashed it home putting Roma 1-0 up. Both teams failed to produce further goals until the referee blew the halftime whistle.
One minute in the second half, Salah dribbled past Genoa’s Ansaldi, however the Egyptian’s shot was just wide of the far post.
At the 82nd minute Umar Sadiq came in to replace Salah. Just six minutes later, Sadiq managed to double Roma’s lead after beating the offside trap and placing the ball past the keeper.
Following Roma’s win, they now have 32 points occupying the fifth league position.
It is worth mentioning that the Giallorossi’s next match will be against Chievo Verona in the 18th fixture of Serie A.