Former Enugu Rangers coach Lawrence Akpokon spoke about the upcoming CAF Champions League clash...
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
VIDEO: Salah plays 82 minutes as Roma down Genoa
Egyptian international Mohamed Salah played 82 minutes as Roma snatched a 2 nil home win against Genoa; the Giallorossi’s first win in the past seven matches in all competitions.
Roma managed to open the scoreline just three minutes away from the halftime mark, after Lucas Digne’s cross got deflected by Genoa’s defender and fell to Florenzi at the far post. The Italian smashed it home putting Roma 1-0 up. Both teams failed to produce further goals until the referee blew the halftime whistle.
One minute in the second half, Salah dribbled past Genoa’s Ansaldi, however the Egyptian’s shot was just wide of the far post.
At the 82nd minute Umar Sadiq came in to replace Salah. Just six minutes later, Sadiq managed to double Roma’s lead after beating the offside trap and placing the ball past the keeper.
Following Roma’s win, they now have 32 points occupying the fifth league position.
It is worth mentioning that the Giallorossi’s next match will be against Chievo Verona in the 18th fixture of Serie A.