Braga suffered a 3-2 defeat in a thrilling game against third-placed Sporting...
- Dost nets hat-trick in Sporting’s 3-2 win over Braga
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
VIDEO: Salah plays 82 minutes as Roma down Genoa
Egyptian international Mohamed Salah played 82 minutes as Roma snatched a 2 nil home win against Genoa; the Giallorossi’s first win in the past seven matches in all competitions.
Roma managed to open the scoreline just three minutes away from the halftime mark, after Lucas Digne’s cross got deflected by Genoa’s defender and fell to Florenzi at the far post. The Italian smashed it home putting Roma 1-0 up. Both teams failed to produce further goals until the referee blew the halftime whistle.
One minute in the second half, Salah dribbled past Genoa’s Ansaldi, however the Egyptian’s shot was just wide of the far post.
At the 82nd minute Umar Sadiq came in to replace Salah. Just six minutes later, Sadiq managed to double Roma’s lead after beating the offside trap and placing the ball past the keeper.
Following Roma’s win, they now have 32 points occupying the fifth league position.
It is worth mentioning that the Giallorossi’s next match will be against Chievo Verona in the 18th fixture of Serie A.